EMPLANT software
Nothing so far. My DAT tapes didn't have the source code from Assempro but I have a slew of ZIP, Bernoulli, and SyQuest cartridges that I need to go through.
Found an original v5.5 disk and made a .adf file. See the first post of this thread!
Jim, any chance you share the latest e586DX disk image also?
I thought it was already here. I need to dig up the last version.
(12-18-2022, 07:41 PM)admin Wrote: I thought it was already here.  I need to dig up the last version.

Yep... It is only the MAC emulation only. It would be great to have the e586DX disks too...

And not sure if this is the right thread (if not please let me know where I should post instead) but I do have an issue with the MAC disk... I installed it and the installation went on without problems. But then that ResrvMem at the first step of the Startup Sequence causes my a4000 to reboot the first time (I guess normal behavior) and then during the next boot it just sits there doing nothing and I never get to Workbench. Some info on that a4000 which I guess should be important:

a4000 with a ver 11 Buster and 3.2 ROMs
BFG9060 accelerator (with 128MB RAM and an MC68060RC rev 6 rock solid so far at 100MHz)
ZZ9000 (with 256MB RAM)
Workbench runs in RTG mode if that matters (as I mentioned I never see the Workbench)

I tried it also in another a4000 motherboard with also ver 11 Buster and 3.2 ROMs but with a 3640 instead. and no ZZ9000 (or any other card). The behavior is exactly the same.

When I installed the software I chose the a4000/40 option in both cases (there is no a4000/60 option). I think I also tried the "I don't want to use MMU" option (last one in the menu).

This was was done with an Emplant Deluxe with the e586DX installed and diagnostics shows all chips OK expect the top left one that shows as BAD but at the end it says "Board working correctly". the "BAD" socket is empty and I believe this is where the BIOS sits. This is a card that I purchased recently as a working one (but still haven't been able to confirm).
I doubt the EMPLANT board is your issue, but you could pull it to see if the computer boots normally (with Rsrvmem in place).

Are you using the latest Mac emulation software from here?

I would not be surprised if there were issues with the 060 and EMPLANT's Mac emulation. The 060 didn't exist when I first created that.
(12-20-2022, 02:30 PM)admin Wrote: I doubt the EMPLANT board is your issue, but you could pull it to see if the computer boots normally (with Rsrvmem in place).

Are you using the latest Mac emulation software from here?

I would not be surprised if there were issues with the 060 and EMPLANT's Mac emulation.  The 060 didn't exist when I first created that.

I removed the board and the a4000 boots past the ResrvMem.
And yes I am using the Mac emulation disk from this thread.
Oh, then I would say there is either something wrong with the EMPLANT board or some type of compatibility issue with your 060's setup. Make sure you are not using any type of setpatch other than what Commodore supplied for the AmigaOS. RsrvMem does not actually look for or use the EMPLANT board, so I would think this something related to having Zorro cards with your 060.
Ok... But this is the same behavior on the other a4000 motherboard with an 040...

Does it matter how my mmulib config file is set up?
Either way I will try to find time to install a fresh 3.2 OS with only the 040 libraries and see what happens...
Keep in mind that EMPLANT's Mac emulation is only designed to work with OS2.04 through OS3.1. I have never tested EMPLANT's Mac emulation with OS3.2. In fact, I just bought OS3.2 to make sure that it works with FUSION, which it does.

It could be that the EMPLANT board itself has an issue. Just make sure that you do not have any ROMs on the EMPLANT board. Those have to be removed after being dumped.