Video on using SCP to test/service drives
Jim - If this is not OK to post here please remove. I thought it might be helpful to those wanting to learn to use the SCP to help diagnose and clean/repair a floppy drive.

In this video, we take a look at how to use the SuperCard Pro to help in the testing, diagnosis, and repair of floppy drives. While the primary purpose of the SuperCard Pro is to image floppy disks it has a handy test suite of tools that make working on floppy drives easier and quicker.

Using the SCP I was able to quickly test and diagnose a Panasonic JU-455 5-1/4” floppy drive and nurse it back to health. We also cover the cleaning and lubrication of the Panasonic JU-455/JU-475 type floppy drives.

https://youtu.be/PpKBSAhzOiI
Great video!  That drive was really trashed!  Nice job restoring it!

Unfortunately, I am out of stock of the SuperCard Pro boards until the first week of March!  I had to change a few of the components due their life cycle ending, so it delayed by shipment by a month.
(01-20-2020, 01:29 PM)admin Wrote: Great video!  That drive was really trashed!  Nice job restoring it!

Unfortunately, I am out of stock of the SuperCard Pro boards until the first week of March!  I had to change a few of the components due their life cycle ending, so it delayed by shipment by a month.

Thanks! The SCP did make the job much easier.

I meant to ask if I was correct that the test/utility mode ignores the 48TPI/96TPI setting. I don't think it matters much except if someone were wanting to move the head to a specific track for some reason.
Yes, the Disk Utilities does not have a 48/96tpi setting. A single step always occurs.