Updated Case for Multi-Expansion Board
I've updated my design to be compatible with the new Multi-Expansion Board.

[Image: IMG-0057.jpg] [Image: IMG-0060.jpg] [Image: IMG-0064.jpg]

If you're interested, you can find it here:

https://corei64.com/shop/index.php?route...uct_id=248

Thomas
What did you change? I test fit your original case just fine.
Hi Jim,

The left side top support bracket (the one that goes around the VGA port) hits the pin headers, so I had to trim that part down a bit on my bracket. On the right side, the button bar mount I trimmed the top edge of it a bit down so it wasn't so tight against the pin headers on that side. Wanted to allow for a bit of manufacturing variation.

So, in the end, very little had to change. Just the two top support pieces. Otherwise still a good fit.

BTW, great board!

Thomas

P.S. If you want to print the two revised support brackets for your case, I'd be happy to send you those STLs. Just lemme know.
Yes, please! Email those and I can check out the changes.
(01-14-2020, 04:44 PM)COREi64 Wrote: I've updated my design to be compatible with the new Multi-Expansion Board.

Thomas
Hey Thomas and Jim,

Just wondering if this case works with any type of sdram? I'd ultimately like to get one from CBM but it sounds like it may be awhile. I just picked up the Multi Board so this case seems perfect for me. Also do you recommend a push or pull setup for the fan through the top of the case? I've noticed a couple pictures showing both. Also the fan seems a bit on the loud side as it ramps up in speed.. is there any way to turn this down? I appreciate any insight/help.. I just got into the Mister project and I'm blown away at its capabilities. I've been singing its praises to everyone I know since I plugged her in lol. Thanks guys.. keep up the great work!

Patrick
I don't use a fan anymore. I provide them with the Multi Expansion Board currently, but at some point I will stop. Terasic (the manufacturer of the DE-10) doesn't even recommend a heat sink, let alone a fan. Some of the universities have been doing projects that push the FPGA substantially faster than anything MiSTer has, and they only use a heat sink and have no issues.
Oic.. Well... guess I'll just remove it then. Nice! Suppose it's a COOL option to have.. given the environment it's in. Appreciate the knowledge and honest answer.. definitely a mixed bag out there on the subject. Thanks.
(01-14-2020, 04:44 PM)COREi64 Wrote: I've updated my design to be compatible with the new Multi-Expansion Board.

Thomas

Is it possible to add a USB Hub expansion to the bottom with this case? Thanks.
(03-08-2020, 06:02 PM)admin Wrote: I don't use a fan anymore.  I provide them with the Multi Expansion Board currently, but at some point I will stop.  Terasic (the manufacturer of the DE-10) doesn't even recommend a heat sink, let alone a fan.  Some of the universities have been doing projects that push the FPGA substantially faster than anything MiSTer has, and they only use a heat sink and have no issues.

I have two DE-10 Nanos/MiSTers and I just put one of these boards on one of them. I really like it. Great build quality!

Understanding that I probably could just leave the fan unplugged, if I wanted to run it (for obsessive compulsive reasons etc), but I wanted it to run quieter, could I just put a resistor in-line with it? If so what should be the value of it to roughly cut the RPMs to around 50% or maybe even 33%?
A resistor will limit the current, not the voltage. So, a resistor will have a limited affect on the speed. Using a resistor will work up to a point where the fan won't turn on, but will have a minimal affect on the speed difference and that will vary from fan to fan. Start with a small value, like 100 ohms. That would reduce the max current to 50mA.