Copying non protected Amiga Disks
(12-31-2013, 09:56 PM)admin Wrote: AmigaDOS will require non-blind as the index is not used to queue tracks.

Correct, I am using non-blind but so far of the 50 disks I have copied to .SCP images I can not get any of them to work in my Amiga.

So if there is anything I can do please let me know
You have to hang in there. The non-blind routine looks for a write splice and if one is not found (which happens) it just writes the full track. This won't work for AmigaDOS. I am working on new routines for handling the write splice. If the disk was created using the index mark, there are zero issues copying/imaging the disk.

I am going to go back to the original terms I created for Supercard Ami - INDEX & SPLICE. I am going to change the check box to a drop down box with INDEX, SPLICE, and DOS options for the copy method.
(01-01-2014, 02:06 PM)admin Wrote: You have to hang in there. The non-blind routine looks for a write splice and if one is not found (which happens) it just writes the full track. This won't work for AmigaDOS. I am working on new routines for handling the write splice. If the disk was created using the index mark, there are zero issues copying/imaging the disk.

I am going to go back to the original terms I created for Supercard Ami - INDEX & SPLICE. I am going to change the check box to a drop down box with INDEX, SPLICE, and DOS options for the copy method.

Thanks for your hard work and I will hang in there Big Grin
Index & Splice is still confusing to me. What about, for Amiga Disks, NDOS & AmigaDOS instead?
Splice is for everything. Index is for 99.9% of everything and is faster and generates a smaller image.
Because I don't have problems with storage space, I'm making backups of all my original disks (protected & standar) with Splice 5.

But I have found that if I rewrite the scp's to real disk in Splice mode, many of them don't work, but writing the same scp's in Index mode all disks works.

It's normal?
Yes, it can be. SPLICE mode tries to figure out where the write splice is. If it calculates that wrong, then you can have tracks that end up cut short. What you can do is capture at 5 revs and then when you write a disk back, click on the OVERRIDE checkbox and select INDEX for write mode. That will write back only 1 revolution in INDEX mode.
I have tried this method with a number of my original disks I can't seem to re-write. I have not been successful. I am unable to duplicate some Amiga disks, no matter what I have tried. I am able to take the .scp file and load it in WinUAE. So the issue is in the re-writing. I have even used the same drive to write the image as I use to read it on the real Amiga. That didn't work.

I have also cleaned the heads constantly and checked each disk with the "Disk Media Test". I am using DD disks.
You can send me the disk image and I can look at it (data @ cbmstuff.com). I just added the ability to manually rotate a track within an image file, which makes “fixing” much easier than having to write each track by hand. With this method you can rotate the tracks individually and then write the disk all at once.
It gets even stranger. If I take the .scp and convert it to an .adf in Supercard Pro software. Then convert it back to a .scp in HxC. Then write it using the Supercard Pro software, it works.

I'll send you the images.