Copying non protected Amiga Disks
Thumbs Up 
(12-29-2013, 08:44 PM)admin Wrote: Right, that's because the Amiga non-blind routines are not complete yet.

OK, Please let me know when they are available to test and I will give it a workout Big Grin
Am I the only one who finds the term "blind" a bit confusing? It's not really blind, it's an index-aligned start/stop. I'd interpret blind as "just start reading at any point on the disk and stop 200ms*#rotations (assuming 300RPM drive) later.

I think it was the old SuperCard-Ami software that used the terms "index" and "splice" for these two modes of determining track start.
(12-29-2013, 10:20 PM)LordCrass Wrote: Am I the only one who finds the term "blind" a bit confusing?

It is confusing to me too
Blind means no intelligent method used. You can thank the Kryoflux people for that term. That's what they called my method, so I used the term to make them happy. Smile

Yes, I created the terms "Index mode" and "Splice Mode" for the Amiga version of Supercard Ami. I think I am going to switch to using those terms.
actually "blind" didn't refer to not using index, but to not analyzing the data and checking it's integrity Smile
Correct... no intelligent method. The non-blind mode analyzes the data.
Just tried the new .94 software. No change in copying Amiga disks in non blind mode. Unless I need to make the .scp image in blind mode then write back in non blind mode?

Currently I write the SCP image in non blind mode and write back to the disk in non blind mode and .94 fails for me exactly as .93 the disk is unreadable on numerous tracks.

Great work
Happy New Year!
If you create a disk image, then however that image was created will be what is used for turning it back into a disk. The only exception is if the "override file" is checked, in which case the start and end track can be changed - but the copy mode will remain the same.

The non-blind mode needs a lot more work, and every disk format uses a different method.
(12-31-2013, 03:53 PM)admin Wrote: The non-blind mode needs a lot more work, and every disk format uses a different method.

OK I wont mess with any non-blind mode disks until you tell me I can. For now I am just trying to copy AmigaDos disks.

Thanks

Happy 2014!
AmigaDOS will require non-blind as the index is not used to queue tracks.