SCP Version 1.98 No Index Pulse Found
I have two floppy drives attached to the SCP in my Win10 (64-bit) PC. One is a 3.5" 1.44Mb drive (drive 0) and one is a 5.25" 360K drive (Drive 1) I can create disk images and write to disks properly on drive 1 but when I try to use drive 0, I get No Index Pulse Found. Also, the light on drive 1 comes on when I access drive 0 but the light on drive 0 doesn't come on when I access drive 1. 

I'm using Hardware 1.1, Firmware 1.2 and SCP 1.98.
Sounds like you have the DS0-DS2 jumpers wrong or are using a cable that doesn't have a "twist" in it. That commonly results in the LED being coming on incorrectly.

Have you swapped drives to verify that the disk drive actually works in the drive 1 position?
(10-06-2019, 12:30 AM)admin Wrote: Sounds like you have the DS0-DS2 jumpers wrong or are using a cable that doesn't have a "twist" in it.  That commonly results in the LED being coming on incorrectly.

Have you swapped drives to verify that the disk drive actually works in the drive 1 position?

I tried taking the 5.25" drive off the cable and moving the 3.5" drive to the second connector on the cable (after the twist) I haven't tried leaving it in the first position with no 5.25" drive or swapping the drives, though.  I might try that next.
(10-06-2019, 12:30 AM)admin Wrote: Sounds like you have the DS0-DS2 jumpers wrong or are using a cable that doesn't have a "twist" in it.  That commonly results in the LED being coming on incorrectly.

OK! Problem solved. I had been using a combination 3.5" floppy/media card reader. When I swapped it for a real 3.5" floppy, it worked. I then put in another combination drive which also works. The problem was that the combo drive I had in there to begin with went bad. I'm really looking forward to the firmware that allows the drives connected to the SCP to be used as regular floppy drives! Do you know at this point if they'll work in Win 10? I've heard rumors that XP and above can't recognize 5.25" disks.

Thanks for your help!

Tom L
I am not sure if Windows is the limiting factor on the 5.25" drive. I don't think this is going to be an issue because the virtual support is treated as 'device' and not actually a floppy drive. So, really anything should work.
I spoke too soon! Now I'm getting the index error on the new combo floppy drive. Sometimes it works and other times I get the index error. I've tried different disks with no luck. I'm going to switch back to the dedicated 3.5" floppy with no media card readers. That seemed to be the most stable.
(10-07-2019, 01:23 PM)admin Wrote: I am not sure if Windows is the limiting factor on the 5.25" drive.  I don't think this is going to be an issue because the virtual support is treated as  'device' and not actually a floppy drive.  So, really anything should work.

OIC. Will there be drive letters for the floppies as if they were Windows native drives?
Yes, and you will be able to use the Windows Device Manager to change the drive letter.

SuperCard Pro was designed for supporting a real floppy drive, nothing else. I don't think it would be too surprising that some modern SD card reader/floppy drive would not work. I am not sure how they try to separate the two in circuit logic. Do you have a link to one of these devices? I would like to get one to look at it.
(10-08-2019, 12:56 AM)admin Wrote: Yes, and you will be able to use the Windows Device Manager to change the drive letter.

SuperCard Pro was designed for supporting a real floppy drive, nothing else.  I don't think it would be too surprising that some modern SD card reader/floppy drive would not work.  I am not sure how they try to separate the two in circuit logic.  Do you have a link to one of these devices?  I would like to get one to look at it.

I have one for you If you don't mind the boot mark I left on it when I kicked it across the room! Smile

Seriously, though, I now have a separate floppy drive and media card reader so I don't need the combo units. I'll be more than happy to send you one free. Just let me know where to send it.

or you can go here:

Floppy Drive All In 1 Card Reader

Tom L
Oh, this is just a separate laptop floppy drive mixed with a SD card reader. I am guessing the drive is garbage. Smile