cant copy my 'secret of monkey island' ?
(08-19-2019, 02:56 AM)Vipersan Wrote: Well I can't blame the power source ..as you saw in my unit build ..it is a mighty beefy.
I gotta blame the disks which are old and well used.
Perhaps another member has got working scp images they could share of this game.
As you can see from the photo above I do own it ..so not asking for no reason.
rgds
VS

You can try cleaning the disk itself with alcohol as well. You can do this through the access window with a cotton swab but if that does not work and you are not worried about possibly destroying the case you can very carefully pop the disk case open and remove the disc itself. 

Back in the day I had to do this a few times on 5.25" disks to recover data after liquid had been spilled on then disk. The 5.25" disks are much easier in this regards. A few months ago I saw someone on YouTube do this with some 3.5" discs  but he took good discs and swapped them into the original game disc cases and then wrote the image to them. A neat way to save original game discs when the media has gone bad.
Thanks Jeff ..I will indeed make a Frankenstein Disk ..once I have a working image to write back.
I am also bidding on a used Samsung Samsung SFD-321B drive as this is the drive used by Jim and others to archive tricky floppies.
It will of course be thoroughly cleaned before use ..and will hopefully eliminate the current drive I'm using as a possible source of error.
I have inspected the disk surface by eye and see no issues ..but as Jim says ..this is not conclusive ..and could well be the disk not turning freely inside its case.