Protective case
Jim and others -- are there options for obtaining a protective case for the SCP? Exposed boards make me nervous. Confused

Same goes for the KF board I have... (Appears to be about the same dimensions as SCP? I will know more once my SCP arrives.)

Thanks.
I am also looking for a case for my Super Card Pro or something that can house the Super Card Pro and floppy drive. Bare boards also make me nervousSmile
I happen to have a case for the drive -- bought it from sncboom2k at the same time he sold me the drive. Another friend of mine said that drive cases are easy to find in thrift shops (at least in our area) -- look for external (usually USB) CD / DVD writers. You'll probably have to buy the writer to get the case it's in, but you can always recycle that part...

(12-25-2013, 12:54 PM)videofx Wrote: I am also looking for a case for my Super Card Pro or something that can house the Super Card Pro and floppy drive. Bare boards also make me nervousSmile
Most people are using old external CD-ROM cases. Most of these have power supplies internally some you could use a 5.25 drive. They work well with 3.5" drives too via USB without needing external power.
Yes--that's exactly what I am doing and it is working fine. I was originally asking about a small case of some sort for the SCP itself. Ideas / suggestions?

Thanks.

(12-25-2013, 02:45 PM)admin Wrote: Most people are using old external CD-ROM cases. Most of these have power supplies internally some you could use a 5.25 drive. They work well with 3.5" drives too via USB without needing external power.
It's designed to sit open on its custom made rubber feet. They don't allow the board to move around on a desk. I don't have any plans to make a plastic enclosure, but I might when the 1541 emulation is done because I would like to protect the IEC connector.
(12-25-2013, 10:17 PM)admin Wrote: but I might when the 1541 emulation is done because I would like to protect the IEC connector.

What will I need to do to my Super Card Pro when 1541 emulation is done? Do the current boards have the IEC connector?

A case would be great and I will order one
The SuperCard Pro has the IEC connector port, but you will need a separate board that plugs into the SuperCard Pro and contains the IEC connector and buffer circuitry.
(12-26-2013, 09:24 PM)admin Wrote: The SuperCard Pro has the IEC connector port, but you will need a separate board that plugs into the SuperCard Pro and contains the IEC connector and buffer circuitry.

Ok, great so when you sell the add on board offer a case so me and everyone else can buy both at the same time Smile

I am looking forward to buying the add on board

Thanks!

Bill