It was my 1ST computer.
Actually, 8" disks were introduced for the Model I but they were compatible with all models.
(01-29-2014, 09:17 AM)Raymond Day Wrote: Got my TRS-80 down from the closet the other day and when I put it up there it did not work any more. But it worked when I got it down and then 2 days later did not work again. After hours found out just had to clean the drive head.

I see they make "DMK" images. I am getting a MISE board for it that I can FTP files from it and store them on a SD card. But it has no way of copying a "DMK" image. So I though if I put the same drive as I have on the SuperCard Pro maybe it can copy the disk to a "DMK" image. I don't know all it has but I guess just a DD type copy maybe with track and other info in the file some place.

Still no one has made a copy for TRS-80 disk?

-Raymond Day
You can make copies and images easily. You can convert to/from .scp and .dmk images using the HxC Floppy Drive Emilator software.
I got a board for the TRS-80 that can do video out VGA I think.

It has Ethernet on it too and a SD card can copy the disk to.

But I had put them to a right device and I for got it was at what end of the ribbon cable they are on. So I started to switch the DIP switches in them. Now only can get one drive working the 1st drive I had with it I think 40 tracks.

Can not find no info how to set the DIP switches there is 8 of them so 256 settings. I got to turn the TRS-80 on and back on after each setting to see if can get to the drive. I gave up. It be neat to copy all my old disk to the SD card. I am sure all will fit on one SD card.

Are all them old drives about the same for how the DIP switches for be set?

-Raymond Day
Every manufacturer had their own unique set of jumpers or DIP switches. You will need to locate the user or service manual for your model of disk drive.