Problem with Commodore disks
Hi Jim,

I have a Panasonic JU-475-4APJ that was flippy modded by sncboom2k.
I cannot get a single image to work using my Supercard Pro, no matter what I change the setting to.
I am using the same drive with a KFlux card and have no issues.
I literally just unplug the KF, make no changes, then plug in the SCP.
KF image works, SCP doesn't
I am imaging Commodore 64 disks
What am I doing wrong????

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What disks are you trying to image? If they are commercial, you should be using INDEX mode. Otherwise, data disks have to be copied/imaged with SPLICE mode.
(03-02-2019, 12:50 AM)admin Wrote: What disks are you trying to image?  If they are commercial, you should be using INDEX mode.  Otherwise, data disks have to be copied/imaged with SPLICE mode.

Thanks for the reply, they are commercial, orignal disks.
I can backup most of them with nibtools etc, but have never mamaged to get a single working image from SCP.
It must be something I am doing wrong, or my card is dead?!
Good question.  Run the media test in the Disk Utilities Menu.  That will read/write to a disk and test the drive and SCP hardware.   It could be something as simple as your disk drive heads are dirty.

You can make an image file (.scp) of a disk using INDEX mode and send it to me (data @ cbmstuff.com).  I can look at the image file and tell you what is wrong.
(03-03-2019, 08:53 PM)admin Wrote: Good question.  Run the media test in the Disk Utilities Menu.  That will read/write to a disk and test the drive and SCP hardware.   It could be something as simple as your disk drive heads are dirty.

You can make an image file (.scp) of a disk using INDEX mode and send it to me (data @ cbmstuff.com).  I can look at the image file and tell you what is wrong.

OK, I will do that and send you an image.
Thank you.
Thumbs Up 
Image sent as requested
(03-04-2019, 02:26 PM)Draven Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 08:53 PM)admin Wrote: Good question.  Run the media test in the Disk Utilities Menu.  That will read/write to a disk and test the drive and SCP hardware.   It could be something as simple as your disk drive heads are dirty.

OK, I will do that and send you an image.
Thank you.

More images sent for evaluation.
Yep, your SuperCard Pro is bad. Take a hires picture of the board - in particular of the area with the Huey and Duey chips. I am guessing that you plugged the cable in backwards (probably to the disk drive) at some point and damaged Huey.
Jim,

Now that I have a replacement Huey (R.I.P.), I am still having issues.
I will send a new flux image for you to take a look at.
It is of a known working disk that I am able to sucessfully image with KF.
Huh
John
Got your image. It is not indexed so you would have to use SPLICE mode. It also appears as at least partially corrupted. What disk is this?