C64 disk & Mitsumi D509V3
Hello

I have a lot of 5.25" C64 disk with programs & games in the two sides of the disks.

My real C64 drive is one Commodore 1541-II and I ca read games or app in both sides just flipping the disk.

Now I have the SCP with 3.5" (unit 0) and 5.25" (unit 1) connected.

But I can dump one side only (scp file), when I flip the disk the drive rotates and don't stop ... so I can make a dump only from one side and write back to disk only one side ....

What I need to do to write in both sides?
Hi again.

Forget about this thread .... SCP write good in both sides ... just a problem on some of my floppies ... sorry.

Best Regards
In the pull-down menu there is an option to ignore the index sensor for reads and writes. You will need to select "ignore" when flipping the disk over.
I don't know ....

I can't dump any C64 disk ... Huh 

I have one C64 with Pi1541 Option B (2 connectors) as drive 9 and one real Commodore 1541-II as drive 8 with JiffyDOS also I have one EasyFlash3 to load programas like SuperCopy 64.

Well, I can make working backups (from d64 files loaded as disk into Pi1541) in the real drive without problems ....

My PC config is: SCP -> 5.25" -> 3.5" / The 5.25" drive is: Mitsumi D509V3
But I can't make a good scp file from any C64 disk ... I can create the scp file, but when writing the scp file to a real disk it results in a non working disk ... Huh

I tried changing parameters of TPI, Index sensors, Half Tracks, Backside in the pulldown menu ... without success ....

Erasing and testing the disks with the SCP I get 0 erros ...
What disk(s) are you trying to copy?  Does the original disk load in your real 1541?   Are you cleaning the heads of the 5.25" disk drive?  Are you putting the write protect tab on any disk you create BEFORE putting it into your real 1541 disk drive to test it?  It was common for commercial games to try to write to the disk, and since most never had the write protect punched it destroys the copy!  Make an image (.scp) of a disk and send it to me (data @ cbmstuff.com).  I can look at the image and tell you what is wrong.
What disk(s) are you trying to copy?

Unprotected disk from d64 images. Pi1541 to CBM 1541-II

Does the original disk load in your real 1541?

Yes, disk loads perfectly in both sides.

Are you cleaning the heads of the 5.25" disk drive?

Heads of the Mitsumi D590V3 are clean and aligned

Are you putting the write protect tab on any disk you create BEFORE putting it into your real 1541 disk drive to test it?

Disk are not commercial ones. But no sense if I put the protect tab or not. Disks works fine in the real 1541 all times, even after used to make scp's.

How I can send you the scp? Compressed scp (zip format) is around 8MB and I can't attach here ....
In order to duplicate standard non-protected disks, you have to use SPLICE mode (2 revs). Unfortunately, unprotected CBM1541 disks are actually the most difficult to copy because they are not index aligned. If the SPLICE mode does not work, then you would have to make copies using the editor/analyzer which will always work, but that is very tedious task as each track would have to be copied individually. Making images (.d64) and copies of unprotected CBM (1541) disks is something that I have to improve since HxC Floppy Drive Emulator doesn't support CBM 5.25" format. This is something that I am actually working on right now to go along with a new firmware update for the SuperCard Pro board. You can send images to data @ cbmstuff.com.
Hello

I have sent one email with the scp files (side A & side B) and my drive configuration.

Thanks & Best Regards