OS/2 Warp 3 XDF Diskettes
I recovered an old PC with a real FDD and was able to make images of the original OS/2 disks using “xdfcopy” program that comes with IBM PC-DOS 7.1.

I thought of testing the .scp images I made of the original disks earlier. So, I fired up the SCP program on a modern PC, inserted a blank 3.5” disk into the FDD connect to SCP card and wrote os2_disk2.scp image. After that I put the disk in the old computer running PC-DOS. I was able to browse the files on the disk using “dir” command, but copying the files into the hard disk resulted in error!

I tested other .scp images and non was working! I tried images made using Index and Splice modes and got the same result.

Unfortunately, it seems SCP can’t reproduce XDF disks.
SCP can reproduce ANY type of disk. Other than deliberate physical damage to the surface of a disk (like a hole placed with a laser for copy-protection), there is nothing that SuperCard Pro can not successfully image/copy - it is a flux copier. Are you using the same FDD with SuperCard Pro as you are with the PC?
No. I'm not using the same FDD. Each computer has its own. The modern computer driving the SCP card has its own 3.5" FDD. I use this to image and write disks. The old computer, which I test old systems on, has another FDD.
I would try the disk drive that you have successfully used to read/write the disks using xdfcopy. It could be an issue with the floppy drive itself. I know the image that you sent looks like the disk or drive head was really dirty.
(02-24-2019, 12:38 AM)admin Wrote: I would try the disk drive that you have successfully used to read/write the disks using xdfcopy.  It could be an issue with the floppy drive itself.  I know the image that you sent looks like the disk or drive head was really dirty.

I did this. I connected the FDD, which I've successfully used to read disks with xdfcopy, to the SCP card and made a test .scp image with it. I then used the same FDD to write the test .scp image to a blank disk. I then disconnected the FDD from the SCP and connected it to a computer running PC-DOS. The PC-DOS computer failed to read the disk. It could read the original XDF disk but not the disk made with the SCP.
Ok, make me an image of the disk (.scp format, SPLICE mode) using the FDD drive that works with the xdfcopy. It could be that the disk is not index'd (like the Amiga) and the tracks have to be rotated or something.
Ok, i’ll send an image file later on. Mentioning Amiga reminds of the Disk Type that SCP software picks when I load a .scp file for XDF disk. It always chooses Amiga and doesn’t allow me to change it. Even though the image was made as an IBM 1.44MB type. Thank you
You can change the image type to be anything. That is just a "note" for the disk image type. It really doesn't matter what the disk type is for making images or copies.
Hello Admin, any update please? Did you have the chance to look at the files I sent to you?
(03-07-2019, 08:09 PM)Tech Wrote: Hello Admin, any update please? Did you have the chance to look at the files I sent to you?

Well, there is something wrong with the drive's power or SuperCard Pro.  How are you powering this drive?  it seems that the power is really too low, like the drive is being powered from the SuperCard Pro through a standard (non high-powered) USB port.

See attached image.  You should NEVER see this kind of data.  If you use the editor/analyzer you can read the image file you created and have a look for yourself.  flux data should be 3 straight lines, never waving like a triangle wave!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)