My Results of copying Amiga Disks so far
True, I forgot about the Rev difference. Mine is a Rev S1 that I use. Amiga disks are all DSDD.
(03-05-2014, 08:34 AM)admin Wrote: True, I forgot about the Rev difference. Mine is a Rev S1 that I use. Amiga disks are all DSDD.

Well my drive says on the label "Rev.M2" is that an issue?

I cleaned the disk heads and I am also using a power supply for the drive (no usb)... Perhaps it is the disks... although I tested the media test after cleaning the heads of the drive and I get no disks to even pass the first track and header (it seems like it immediately fails!) another thing that makes me wonder is: the games I can copy with blind on always work fine on any of my disks... the games I copy with blind off seem a lot more picky and sometimes it takes me trying a few disks before it works...

You had mentioned the speed of my drive, could that be it? did you see the speed of my drive in the NightHunter image I sent you? I am wondering if there is something going on with my drive as no disk passes the media test and with blind off the copies usually take a few attempts to work... Undecided

I also sent you another disk image from a game that does not seem to copy: DataStorm

The disk loader is from Randy Linden who I think made the Dragon's Lair game, so that might be why I can't copy...

However, just wanted to send it to you, to see if you can get it to copy...
Some versions of the Samsung drive are apparently high density "only" drives. One other person has already discovered this. If your drive is one of them then they will write only to high density disks.

Protections don't matter with flux copiers. Everything can be duplicated.
To check your Samsung drive look for that small pin which detects if a DD floppy is inserted, right at the bottom. A DD will push this pin down, HD won't because of the whole at that position. It turns out that many newer revisions don't have that pin anymore, these are HD only. You can remove a solder bridge to make them DD only, but I tried this with several new and never used drives with not much success.
Such a HD only drive seems not to be able to perform the media test in SCP. When I first tried this, I got really frustrated, as it looked like all my NOS sealed floppy disks are defective, even HD ones.

On the other Hand, a SDF-321B which is DD capable seems to be the best choice ever. Rev. S1 is such a drive and Rev T1-T5. I do have a T3 which gives the best results = sharp lines in the flux display and honest results with the media test in SCP. A T6 and newer lacks the DD pin, so these are not recommended.
(03-06-2014, 04:59 AM)wirefall Wrote: To check your Samsung drive look for that small pin which detects if a DD floppy is inserted, right at the bottom. A DD will push this pin down, HD won't because of the whole at that position. It turns out that many newer revisions don't have that pin anymore, these are HD only. You can remove a solder bridge to make them DD only, but I tried this with several new and never used drives with not much success.
Such a HD only drive seems not to be able to perform the media test in SCP. When I first tried this, I got really frustrated, as it looked like all my NOS sealed floppy disks are defective, even HD ones.

On the other Hand, a SDF-321B which is DD capable seems to be the best choice ever. Rev. S1 is such a drive and Rev T1-T5. I do have a T3 which gives the best results = sharp lines in the flux display and honest results with the media test in SCP. A T6 and newer lacks the DD pin, so these are not recommended.

Thanks! I just ordered a Rev T3 drive to see what kind of difference I see with it.

(03-05-2014, 06:19 PM)admin Wrote: Some versions of the Samsung drive are apparently high density "only" drives. One other person has already discovered this. If your drive is one of them then they will write only to high density disks.

Protections don't matter with flux copiers. Everything can be duplicated.

Were you able to look at the image for DataStorm I sent you? Were you able to write a working copy with it?
Your Datastorm needs redumped using your new drive. Look at the flux display in the analyzer - you can see the flux is "wavy". It is actually corrupted. I was able to load the first boot screen but after that the next screen 'V' Technologies or something like that has the graphics corrupted.
(03-06-2014, 06:22 PM)admin Wrote: Your Datastorm needs redumped using your new drive. Look at the flux display in the analyzer - you can see the flux is "wavy". It is actually corrupted. I was able to load the first boot screen but after that the next screen 'V' Technologies or something like that has the graphics corrupted.

Ok, thanks I will try it with the new drive in a few days once I get it.