Connection issues
Well, I don’t want to waste yours or my time (and postage). Theres no firmware updates available for my router (atm any way) and it’s also worth mentioning I run a BBS with a different modem altogether (Leifs WiFly) and I have no issues like this. Also, I use your wimoded232 and it connects no problem.

So with that information, what do ya think?
BBS: micromansion.servebbs.net:6400
The WiModem and WiModem232 use the exact same code and RF chip!   Other than the interface to the computer, they are the exact same product!  One possibility I suppose is the 5v power supply line on the C64/128 that the WiModem is plugged into is bad.  If the C64/128 has a bad power supply it is possible this could happen.
Well, that’s why i brought it up. They look very similar accept for the interface of course.

I’d think if it was a bad 5v rail the WiFly modem would also have issues. Not to mention, while not perfect, I’d bet unlikely since I’m using a Ray Carlsen PSU.
Have you tried moving the C64/128 and/or the wires around the computer? Have you looked to see what the signal strength is? You can't compare various WiFi modems, they all are different - so what might work for one for power or RF sensitively may not work for another.
(11-08-2018, 11:02 PM)admin Wrote: Have you tried moving the C64/128 and/or the wires around the computer?  Have you looked to see what the signal strength is?  You can't compare various WiFi modems, they all are different - so what might work for one for power or RF sensitively may not work for another.

I'm just going to live with it. While it's an inconvenience, it's not the end of the world.

I have done all those things anyway, I've tried two separate 64's even located 6' (give or take) away from each other. The signal strength were posted early on in the thread.
-80dBm is too low of a signal strength to reliably connect. You might try moving your router antenna(s).
I use the Retro 2.4 connection as that that’s the one in my RetroRoom where the Commodores are located.

The F-off is the basement range extender and the Get a Job is the main level.

However, I have tried (in the past) to connect to each of them.