Apple IIe/IIc/IIgs setups
I'm trying to get the WiModem232 to work with my Apple IIe with super serial card. Ive configured the card based on the pictures at the beginning of this thread. The trouble I'm having is finding a useful terminal program. I can't get a working image of ProTerm 3.1. Ive test on both my emulator and my apple ii with floppy emu. The files are either too large (800k, which doesn't make sense), they are in a shrinkit format which I can't figure out how to unshrink and make a disk image on my modern computer, or I found a 2 disk image but the boot disk loads with "0929- A=0C X=FF Y=02 P=34 S=F9" followed by a * and cursor. Its the same whether its on my real apple ii or emulator. Could anyone please provide some help with finding a terminal program and getting it started?
I did try ProTerm 2.1 but I can't get it into terminal mode and after following the directions to install hardware and initializing the modem it doesn't do anything.
You might want to do a Google search for it. It's a copyrighted program, so I can't just give you a copy of it. I found an original disk on eBay.
(04-17-2019, 06:40 PM)admin Wrote: You might want to do a Google search for it.  It's a copyrighted program, so I can't just give you a copy of it.  I found an original disk on eBay.

Working now on Apple iiee.  Hardest part was getting a working version of ProTERM 3.1.
Glad to hear you found ProTerm3.1!
Using ProTerm 3.1 on a SSC, does anybody know of a driver or way to have ProTerm startup at 19,200? Using the fixed speed driver it seems to want to start up at 9600. I have to issue an ATB*19200 before I can dial out to any systems I have configured to connect to at 19,200.

Not a huge issue, but it'd be nice to figure out a workaround.
ProTerm is suppose to save the driver you select and use that when you run it. Make sure that your disk is not write protected.
I’m having a strange issue; I can communicate with the WiModem232, and I’m connected to my router - I have the  yellow LED - but any ATDT command immediately returns ERROR. Does anyone have any ideas?
How long have you had the WiModem232? What firmware version are you using?
(07-16-2020, 11:59 PM)admin Wrote: How long have you had the WiModem232?  What firmware version are you using?

About a week. I’m using it on a IIgs, using the built-in modem port, with the monoprice cable suggested here. 
I’m using v3.04. The WiModem232 was seemingly able to connect in order to get a firmware update, as it said it was installing, turned purple, and rebooted itself. Also, my router showed about 400k of data usage - but any ATDT (or ATDP) command I send results in an ERROR.
(05-08-2020, 10:05 PM)deepthaw Wrote: Using ProTerm 3.1 on a SSC, does anybody know of a driver or way to have ProTerm startup at 19,200? Using the fixed speed driver it seems to want to start up at 9600. I have to issue an ATB*19200 before I can dial out to any systems I have configured to connect to at 19,200.

Not a huge issue, but it'd be nice to figure out a workaround.

Not to bump a 2 year old thread.....  But you can edit the proterm global macros.
Look inside the proterm folder for a file called PT3.GLOBAL.  I think it's inside another folder (can't remember the name, maybe 'macros') It's a txt file easy to edit.

I kept having an issue with my wimodem getting reset after each use. I discovered that proterm was issuing at AT&F at the end of each call via this PT3.GLOBAL macro file.   Easy fix to the last few lines of the file and now my modem no longer gets reset.

A little deeper digging into that file and there are probably start up string that get sent to initialize the modem as well.... I just never went that deep into looking for those.