Termite TCP & Wimodem
Decided to give Termite Tcp 1.50 a try with my wimodem232 since it does serial tcp.I set up the init string as ATE Q0 V1 X4 since thats works on my terminals.I logged in in direct mode and it gave me a CONNECT msg..great I have a connection..not quite.Local IP as 10.0.0.75,DNS as 10.0.0.1,and my default domain.I need a fresh pair of eyes.Anyone familiar with Termite TCP?
Never heard about Termite TCP but as it first seemed interesting (to get my A500 online, my bigger machines have PCMCIA solutions) I took a look at it. But quite quick I found this:

>> Termite TCP - TCP/IP stack with integrated PPP

And in the TermiteTCPHelp.txt it says:

>> Your ISP's phone number

So it seems to be a TCP stack used back in the day when you had to dial a modem via landline to your ISPConfused modem which then serves you the internet connectivity. Now when you connect your WiModem to your router, it is already connected to the internet. The old system is technically totally different. WiModem is (mostly) used to emulate dialing directly to other computers (=BBS's) and a PPP is to connect you to your internet service provider via which you then can access the internet.
(05-15-2021, 01:38 PM)PDrill Wrote: Never heard about Termite TCP but as it first seemed interesting (to get my A500 online, my bigger machines have PCMCIA solutions) I took a look at it. But quite quick I found this:

>> Termite TCP - TCP/IP stack with integrated PPP

And in the TermiteTCPHelp.txt it says:

>> Your ISP's phone number

So it seems to be a TCP stack used back in the day when you had to dial a modem via landline to your ISPConfused modem which then serves you the internet connectivity. Now when you connect your WiModem to your router, it is already connected to the internet. The old system is technically totally different. WiModem is (mostly) used to emulate dialing directly to other computers (=BBS's) and a PPP is to connect you to your internet service provider via which you then can access the internet.

It also has a direct connection option without dialing in..which I chose and it messages "connected" but it's not.
How does the application know it is connected? Does it look at the DCD pin, or look at a connect message? If it uses the numeric mode it could be that the new upcoming update (v3.50) will fix this. It fixes Paragon BBS.
(05-16-2021, 11:36 AM)admin Wrote: How does the application know it is connected?  Does it look at the DCD pin, or look at a connect message?  If it uses the numeric mode it could be that the new upcoming update (v3.50) will fix this.  It fixes Paragon BBS.

Apparently it auto connects.I wonder if the modem init sequence has something to do with it.I have it at ATE Q0 V1 X4.
Well, I can tell you that the V1 is turning the result codes ON, so the fix I did for Paragon BBS will not fix this issue. That was only for when V0 is used.

The application has to either look at the DCD pin or monitor the serial data stream looking for a CONNECT message. That is the only way to know if a connection has occurred.
Try the latest version of the WiModem firmware. I fixed a couple of issues where other BBS's would not connect due to an incorrect structure in the connect message.