Apple II Super Serial Card (SSC)
I am working on making an 'internal WiModem232'  to do this I am going to use an Apple SSC and change the connector from female to a male end so that I can connect directly to the SSC card.   

I want to then put a hood on the connector and use a thick double sided tape to mount that to the card (I am not sure if I am going to mount to front or rear yet).

My question is can the WiModem232 be powered by the d25 connector side?   If so I count add to pins (assuming that its not already getting a ground) and tap the Apple connector buss for the +5v

Cooper
No. There is no power available on any serial port. This why I had to add the external power port.
(01-05-2018, 01:35 PM)admin Wrote: No.  There is no power available on any serial port.  This why I had to add the external power port.

OK I can still work with that, it just would of been a much cleaner install if there was.
Well, there are pins not being used. You could solder a power wire from the USB power input to the unused pin. Do you have the pin out used for your serial card? I could show you where to solder the wire from and to.
(01-05-2018, 03:02 PM)admin Wrote: Well, there are pins not being used.  You could solder a power wire from the USB power input to the unused pin.  Do you have the pin out used for your serial card? I could show you where to solder the wire from and to.

I found this

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ok, we could use pin 13 or 25 (end of top or bottom) connected to a location on the WiModem232. I am at tradeshow and won't be back until Monday, but when I get back I can locate and easy spot to solder the wire to.
(01-05-2018, 04:44 PM)admin Wrote: Ok, we could use pin 13 or 25 (end of top or bottom) connected to a location on the WiModem232. I am at tradeshow and won't be back until Monday, but when I get back I can locate and easy spot to solder the wire to.

No rush I just ordered all the parts to make the connection, so there is time.
Speaking of the SCC, what are your dip switch settings? I can't get the WiModem232 to work with my Platinum IIe...
its in this thread: https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=419
Tried those settings without any luck. What cable are you using?