Computers successfully tested with WiModem232
Thanks, I will add that info to the first post. I have never heard of a Geneve computer.
Quick one to let you know I can confirm it works well on the Atari STE! Great piece of kit.
(01-21-2018, 03:59 AM)MattLacey Wrote: Quick one to let you know I can confirm it works well on the Atari STE! Great piece of kit.

I got it working on mine as well. I have to ask though - which software are you using, and its settings?
Thanks for the info, I will add that to the list. I have been too lazy to put together by 1040STF system to test, but I didn't expect any issues.
FWIW, these dip switch settings on the SSC:
Sw1 block
1 Off
2 Off
3 Off
4 on
5 on
6 on
7 on

Sw2 block
1 on
2 on
3 off
4 on
5 on
6 on
7 off

Did not work for me.

I did find another set that does:

Switch block #1
----------------
1-off \
2-on \_baud: 2400(over-ridden by Term program)
3-off /
4-on /
5-off \__Mode: SIC P8 EM
6-off /
7-off Protocol:Secondary clear to send (ganged with #7 on block 2)

Switch block #2
----------------
1-off Data format: 8 data/2 stop
2-off Delay after carriage return:32 ms
3-off \_Line width:80
4-on /
5-on Generate line feed: on
6-on Interrupts: on
7-on Protocol: Secondary clear to send (ganged with #7 on block 1)
You can NOT use 8 data with 2 stop bits. That is definitely wrong! Only 8 data bits, no parity, and 1 stop bit are possible with the WiModem232 hardware.
(01-28-2018, 09:38 PM)admin Wrote: You can NOT use 8 data with 2 stop bits. That is definitely wrong! Only 8 data bits, no parity, and 1 stop bit are possible with the WiModem232 hardware.

Many of the dip-switch settings can be overridden by a terminal program. I am fairly confident that all of the typical settings (speed/databits/stopbits/parity) set at the dip-switches are ignored by every terminal program. In fact, we simply wouldn't be able to use any A2 terminal program if we had setup 8,N,2. It just wouldn't work at all.
FYI, I was able to successfully connect my Radio Shack TRS-80 Model 100 with the WiModem232.
This machine does seem to be on the 'confirmed list' already, but I was wondering if someone can check my 'Stat' settings for the Telcom program.

I'm using:
68N1E, 20 pps
This should translate to:
2400 bps
8N1
Line Status Enable (XON)
20 pulses per second

I'm sure the '20 pps' is irrelevant, but does the other stuff look okay for 2400 bps?
Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
Yes, that looks correct.
Acorn BBC Master - just needs point to point wiring from the RS432 to RS232 25pin.

Since it works on the Master, it should work with the BBC B as well, since it's the same wiring.

Plus it's best to mark the Beeb plug, and the back of the Beeb. Since the plug will go in upside down. Crazy, but true!