Installing the WiModem
Installation is pretty simple - you just plug it in.  Smile

Apply power to the USB Mini-B connector for the WiModem232 or USB Micro-B connector for the WiModem232 Pro using a USB cable plugged into a PC, wall outlet charger (for phone), or portable 5v power source.
Sorry if this has already been asked elsewhere. I know amperage is a problem with some electronics, especially sensitive ones.

Will *any* USB phone charger be suitable?

I have a 5vdc 1.5a charger I would like to use. It is not a "faassst" charger but it was made within the past four years.

If I am not mistaken, a standard USB 2.0 PC port puts out less amps than that. Maybe something older would be safer?
You can use a USB supply with as little as 100mA.  I typically use a battery powered device, like the ones I sell.
(05-18-2019, 12:04 PM)admin Wrote: You can use a USB supply with as little as 100mA.  I typically use a battery powered device, like the ones I sell.

It isn't too little I was worried about, it is too much. Isn't 1.5 amps like over 100 times greater than 100mA?

Hopefully the difference is insignificant for the WiModem232.  Smile
You can feed it with a megawatt of power and it won't matter. Devices only use what they need. You can't force them with too much energy. Smile
Idea
Is it possible to connect a pin on the RS232 connector to power the WiModem?  Would I need a 5 volt regulator?
No, there are no free pins available. The RS232 interface never had power available for powering devices.