Troubleshooting
I recently built the Ultra 64 Reset kit and installed it but my machine will not come up with the blue wire connected. The internal drive runs constantly and screen is blank. If i unhook the blue wire all is well. I have double and triple checked the component location / orientation and the interface wires and everything is as shown in manual. Has anyone had this problem and what was done to resolve it? If I find a solution I will update the post. Thanks
The blue wire is the reset line. If it has to be removed then there is a problem likely with the build or the blue wire is not on the correct location, or there is a short. Can you post a picture of the assembled board (top and bottom) and wires?

Ok, have you verified that your connection to +5v is good, and also that the ground screw is tight?
(04-09-2017, 12:47 PM)admin Wrote: Ok, have you verified that your connection to +5v is good, and also that the ground screw is tight?

Yes, I made sure all connections were solid. I removed the board to do some troubleshooting on the circuit. I found that one of the 2N7000 FET's was shorted from source to drain. I ordered some 2N7000's so as soon as they arrive I will give an update. I am not sure how it shorted but if anyone is going to screw up something simple it is me. Hopefully the 12F629 is OK.
Installed a new 2N7000 today, same issue. I guess the 12F629 is done. Blue wire stays low all the time. Measured 5.04v at red wire using pcb gnd. Huh
Check to make sure yellow wire has 5v. That is the trigger wire. When it goes low (reset button pressed), the various outputs toggle states. It could be that the yellow wire has to be moved to the other pin (as noted in the manual). I would check the state of that wire, it must be high during normal operation and only go low when the reset button is pressed.
(04-12-2017, 07:14 PM)admin Wrote: Check to make sure yellow wire has 5v.  That is the trigger wire.  When it goes low (reset button pressed), the various outputs toggle states.  It could be that the yellow wire has to be moved to the other pin (as noted in the manual).  I would check the state of that wire, it must be high during normal operation and only go low when the reset button is pressed.

Yellow wire was not on the right pin. I moved it to the other pin and verified that it had 5v and only went low during reset. It did not change the state of the blue wire. If the blue wire is attached it is in constant reset.
Well, it's possible that you killed the PIC with the shorted 2N7000. Email me your name (to sales@cbmstuff.com) and I can send you another kit.
(04-13-2017, 04:27 PM)admin Wrote: Well, it's possible that you killed the PIC with the shorted 2N7000.  Email me your name (to sales@cbmstuff.com) and I can send you another kit.

I really appreciate your excellent customer service in offering to replace the kit. I am also grateful for your help in trying to troubleshoot the Ultra Reset. I will purchase another kit in support of these fine business characteristics. Thank you for creating new products for these fine classic machines. I hope to see more products in the future.