Noise over Audio during use
Not sure where to check that? I believe it needs to be checked under load?
Just open the VIC-20 and look for any standard TTL chip (74LSxx). Look for the "notch" in the end of the chip and measure the pins on the upper right and lower left corners of the chip, that will be +5/GND.
(04-05-2017, 11:16 AM)Dave Wrote: Hello,

I was curious if there is a fix for what sounds like data noise when the wimodem is connected coming over the speakers. There was always a little noise that came from the C64 over the audio line. However, when the wimodem connects you get click, click, click, click constantly. Once you disconnect from a BBS the clicking continues until you turn the C64 off. Just curious if others have noticed this or have a solution to shield the noise??

Thanks,
..Dave

hi dave i have this problem on my wimodem connect to c 64 , a tic tic tic tic continuos in audio signal but i have no notice from other person that have solution for it  (also cbm ) , but i know many peolple that have this problem  .......if you have notice please tell me ok thanks  bye
(01-31-2018, 03:30 PM)scanword Wrote:
(04-05-2017, 11:16 AM)Dave Wrote: Hello,

I was curious if there is a fix for what sounds like data noise when the wimodem is connected coming over the speakers. There was always a little noise that came from the C64 over the audio line. However, when the wimodem connects you get click, click, click, click constantly. Once you disconnect from a BBS the clicking continues until you turn the C64 off. Just curious if others have noticed this or have a solution to shield the noise??

Thanks,
..Dave

hi dave i have this problem on my wimodem connect to c 64 , a tic tic tic tic continuos in audio signal but i have no notice from other person that have solution for it  (also cbm ) , but i know many peolple that have this problem  .......if you have notice please tell me ok thanks  bye

Is your C64 equiped with an replacement 8701? I used to have the tic tic sound and fixed it by swapping it to an original 8701.
(05-08-2017, 03:19 PM)admin Wrote: Just open the VIC-20 and look for any standard TTL chip (74LSxx).  Look for the "notch" in the end of the chip and measure the pins on the upper right and lower left corners of the chip, that  will be +5/GND.
what do you mean for original chip ??? 8701 because i have in motherboard of my c 64 this but is not original??
because i have found also a little chip modofication ok i send addreess ok please tell me bye

https://www.ebay.it/itm/MOS-8701-replace...0033.m2042
Hello,

I have this strange periodical "tic,tic,tic" noise as well on my CRT monitor (Commodore 1702 Monitor), it immediately goes away when I disconnect the wimodem.
From the previous messages it´s not clear to me who to follow up to get this noise problem fixed.

I have a C64 breadbin, no problems with joysticks inputs or anything else when Wimodem is connected - just the noise issue including a slight flickering on the screen

Thanks for any inputs!
Chimera
Move the cable, check the ground on the cable, and the C64 at the monitor cable connection.
I'm also having the same tick tick tick sound.  Started after software update earlier this year on the WiModem.  I hear it on my monitor, and also on speaker of the Ultimate2+ cartridge.  Have tried on the C64c and a breadbin C64.  Have tried different power supplies.  With and without cartridge or any other peripherals.  Even different locations in house on different monitors.  Goes away when I unplug WiModem.  Has anybody found a solution?
The firmware can't change this.   Something else changed in your system (monitor, position of monitor in relation to the user port, monitor cable, etc.)  Typically the ticking is due to using a monitor cable that doesn't have the shield grounded.