What is the "No-Flip" mod?
You're better off getting a drive that has already been modified and calibrated/aligned from Sncboom2K!
Totally agree with Jim ...
This is not a project for a novice.
(08-09-2019, 02:35 AM)admin Wrote: You're better off getting a drive that has already been modified and calibrated/aligned from Sncboom2K!

But to be clear, you don't need the no-flip mod to still get full use of SCP?  You just have to deal with flipping the disk, correct?

And the ignore sensor is separate from the flip mod, right? It needs to be done regardless of the flip mod, correct?
There are many drives that support just flipping the disk over. The Panasonic drives like the JU-475 series need the DX jumper moved to the EX position to allow the reading to work when a disk doesn't have a 2nd index hole for the backside. Some drives don't care (don't have a jumper setting), and some drives do not work at all by just flipping the disk over. However, since there are only two different drives that can even be "flippy modded", there are substantially more drives that work with back side reading.

You need to change the index sensor requirement when reading the back side.

I will be releasing a mod shortly that lets you flip the disk over on any drive that doesn't already work.
(09-11-2019, 12:27 PM)admin Wrote: There are many drives that support just flipping the disk over.  The Panasonic drives like the JU-475 series need the DX jumper moved to the EX position to allow the reading to work when a disk doesn't have a 2nd index hole for the backside.  Some drives don't care (don't have a jumper setting), and some drives do not work at all by just flipping the disk over.  However, since there are only two different drives that can even be "flippy modded", there are substantially more drives that work with back side reading.

You need to change the index sensor requirement when reading the back side.

I will be releasing a mod shortly that lets you flip the disk over on any drive that doesn't already work.

Thanks for the info. It sure feels like there's a small list of compatible drives then. And even harder to find said drives.
There are only two drives that can be flippy modded. I have stacks of drives that can read the back side just by flipping the disk over and ignoring the index pulse (menu option).
(09-12-2019, 02:44 AM)admin Wrote: There are only two drives that can be flippy modded.  I have stacks of drives that can read the back side just by flipping the disk over and ignoring the index pulse (menu option).

You should put some of those drives to sell on the web store. :-)
I am not interested in selling disk drives. You can find lots of compatible drives on eBay. There is a thread here listing the exact model numbers that I have personally tested.