Striketerm UP9600 freezes with WiModem
CCGMS can't handle sdf.org or some of the BBS sites that are not Commodore specific so I prefer to use Striketerm.

The other wifi modem that I own is from Szygy-Systems.ca. I purchased it on Tindie. It gets along just fine with CCGMS 2020 and Striketerm 2014 at 9600 baud.

It does not have the command set that your modem has available. Example: AT*T1 nor can it do ATPT.

This morning I changed the config file to load with the user port modem at 300 baud on your modem with Striketerm 2013.

Once loaded I selected modem from the main menu and loaded the UP9600 driver without issue.

I selected F3 for the terminal and entered AT*B9600(RETURN)

I changed back to the main menu and changed the baud rate to 9600.

At this point I am able to use Striketerm 2013 at 9600 baud.

I DO NOT SAVE THIS CONFIGURATION. Saving the configuration will prevent the UP9600 driver from loading the next time I use the software.

I keep the config with the user port modem selected at 300 baud.

I repeat the above process each time I use the modem if I want to use the UP9600 driver. 

It is not optimal but it works.  Dodgy

I agree with you that the software is buggy. There does not seem to be any issue with the hardware at all. I like the device and am strongly considering a purchase of the Wimodem 232 for my one of my other vintage computers. I will make certain to do my research on the best terminal program to use with it before I do that though.

Thank you again for your help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Striketerm UP9600 freezes with WiModem - by dawnsboy - 10-09-2020, 11:09 AM