Striketerm UP9600 freezes with WiModem
I am using wimodem on a C64C shortboard. I have been attempting to set the baud rate to 9600 but have experienced many of the issues that other users have encountered in that the software tends to lock up when trying to load the up9600 driver. I did a reset and restarted from the ground up and did succeed in getting the driver to load. However I encountered an unexpected issue. 

I am using Striketerm 2013 at the moment. The keyboard responds while in the main menu with the UP9600 driver loaded. I can switch to terminal mode (F3) and see the 9600 displayed across the top bar of the terminal. However, the software does not respond to the keyboard when I attempt to dial out or enter a command. 

When this happens I am still able to use the F Keys to return to the main menu, the terminal display and the dialer. The dialer responds to keyboard input and I am able to dial from that screen. When the call connects the display flips over to the terminal screen okay but no sign of the active connection at this point as nothing is displayed and the software is unresponsive to keyboard input. 

I can disconnect from the main menu by selecting F1 and then pressing the * key. The display resets with "online" changing to "offline" and the modem displaying the correct color. I did reverse the xon/xoff settings as suggested in a previous post. I find that driver will load if flow control is set to "none" or "hardware". The UP9600 driver will not load with flow control set to "software". Is there any reason why the software should fail to respond to input when in terminal mode?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Striketerm UP9600 freezes with WiModem - by dawnsboy - 10-08-2020, 08:56 AM