Use SuperCard Pro as a drive emulator
On the front page of the CBMSTUFF site it mentions that the Super Card will be able to be used as a 1541 emulator on a C64 with a future update to the firmware.  Is this still in the works, or does it already work and I am missing something on the site.  I have a card on order, and am looking forward to archiving some of my old floppy disks, but would also like to be able to use the SCP in place of the floppy drive.

Thanks for what looks to be a great product!  I am looking forward to it's arrival!
I have not finished the 1541 emulator yet so you haven't missed anything.
(02-17-2017, 10:27 PM)admin Wrote: I have not finished the 1541 emulator yet so you haven't missed anything.

Thanks, any time line?  Not a big rush, as if it is going to be a while, I may just purchase an SC2IEC, but if I could use the SCP, that would be a bonus!

Thanks
Bill-Tek Electronics:
Getting back to where I started...Sort Of.
I don't give release dates. I never know how much time I can spend working on any project since it's not my day job.
(03-08-2017, 10:01 PM)admin Wrote: I don't give release dates.  I never know how much time I can spend working on any project since it's not my day job.

Hey Jim,

If you ever do, I recon go for 1571 emulator 8-)

We already have the Ultimate II+ out there for 1541, but how awesome would a 1571 emulator be, especially if it could do 2 drives at once and handle burst mode and CP/M. 8-)

hehehehe

Just Dreaming, cos my poor old 1571's are dying all around me. 8-(
Regards...GeoKM
ooooOOOOoooo
The 1541 emulation in U2+ leaves a lot to be desired. There are a slew of .g64 images that don't work.

The 1571 emulation is just the addition of the WD1772 controller (for PC format) and 2MHz CPU. It's not a stretch and there will be a 1571 emulator, along with the 1581 emulator.
(05-02-2017, 07:32 AM)admin Wrote: The 1541 emulation in U2+ leaves a lot to be desired.  There are a slew of .g64 images that don't work.

The 1571 emulation is just the addition of the WD1772 controller (for PC format) and 2MHz CPU.  It's not a stretch and there will be a 1571 emulator, along with the 1581 emulator.

Yay! 8-)

I'm down to 1 working 1571 now so I can't really run CPM meaningfully on my good old C128 any more.

Keeping an eye out for a Mechanism to replace the one now in my external 1571 which is beyond repair. I have migrated that original Mechanism into the C128D with some slight modification Big Grin
Regards...GeoKM
ooooOOOOoooo
Just curious if this is still a work in progress, of if it has died. I know first hand how hard it is to find time for projects like this when you have a life and work a full time job too, but I was just curious.

Thanks!
Bill
Bill-Tek Electronics:
No, it's not dead. I finishing the drive emulation for the uDrive, which will have the ability to emulate numerous different types of drives for different computer systems. That will be back-ported to the SCP at some point.
Thanks for the update.  Anyplace I can find more info on the uDrive you mention?
Bill-Tek Electronics: