Telnet to sdf.org - anyone have success?
Hi all,

Has anyone had success connecting to sdf.org shell account?

So far I've been able to connect my WiModem to BBS's, commoreserver.com, and Q-Link Reloaded.  Is it possible to connect to a shell account via telnet, for example using sdf.org?

Here's what I'm trying:

ATDT SDF.ORG:22
Response: CONNECT [connection freezes]

and

ATDT SDF.ORG:23
Response: [some SSH information, then connection freezes]

Any tips?  Perhaps I need to specify a different port number?
I've managed to telnet to a server on my own network using Kpym

http://www.kpym.com/2/kpym/faq.htm

It was fairly painless if I remember correctly.

You may have to play with uppercase/lowercase for the address.
The Workshop -  http://home.reidspace.com/ 

i somehow doubt that shell providers still offer actual telnet - its probably SSH most of the time, and that certainly will not work
(02-09-2017, 02:29 PM)jupp Wrote: i somehow doubt that shell providers still offer actual telnet - its probably SSH most of the time, and that certainly will not work

Ok, thanks for the feedback.  I know SSH isn't possible on a 64.  Smile
Hi,

I am a lifetime member of sdf.org and have had several shell accounts with sdf.org using my C-64.
I have tried to connect directly to sdf.org using the WiModem with no success. But here is what I have done to get connected to sdf.org
I have found several BBS's on the net that have telnet outbound. I telnet to the BBS with my C-64, log in on that BBS and become a member of that BBS. Then go to their main menu looking for internet services and telnet outbound.
Once in the telnet outbound menu, I type in sdf.org and am telnetted again to sdf.org. I then, log into sdf.org
I hope that this can help you.

Thank You,

Bye,

Jeff
A connection is a connection, so if sdf.org does not respond with data, then you probably have the wrong port number or it's being refused for whatever reason.