Color BBS
Hi there,

First of all let me say that WiModem is a marvellous product and more than worth its price!
Second, I'd like to point forward to a mistake in its current manual: Sinve firmware 1.5 incoming calls are supported. While the manual already explains the corresponding AT commands for accepting incoming calls, it still says (near the end), that these are not supported yet.

However, what I wanted to know is if there's anyone who'd be so nice to publish some sort of How-To or Tutorial on how to set up e.g. Color BBS to work with the WiModem. I am having a hard time to get this software working... I created a programfiles and a boot disk as explained in its corresponding manual and was able to setup the basic configuration. However, when booting the system, it hangs right after loading the parameters and it seems as if the WiModem is the problem.

As far as I can tell, there are two options that can be set during configuration in regards to the modem: The Init String (which defaults to ate1x1s0=0s10=30f1q0v1m0) and some other option that seems to only set the echo mode on each run.

Does anyhone have experiences on this?

Regards,
Christian.
The manual was updated a few days ago to reflect the changes to the firmware.

As mentioned in the manual, you can not currently stack the AT commands together. So, you can not use ate1x1s0=0s10-30f1q0v1m0. You would need to make each of these individual AT commands. So, only ate1 (the echo mode) would be the only command executed.
(12-29-2016, 08:04 AM)admin Wrote: The manual was updated a few days ago to reflect the changes to the firmware.

As mentioned in the manual, you can not currently stack the AT commands together.  So, you can not use ate1x1s0=0s10-30f1q0v1m0.  You would need to make each of these individual AT commands.  So, only ate1 (the echo mode) would be the only command executed.

The manual that is currently available for download is v1.5 for firmware v1.7.

It is not completely updated.

Examples I found:
1. On p13 in regards to S-Register commands, it still says only S2 and S12 are supported, while the following text also lists S0, which is necessary for auto answering calls.
2. On p13 it also says that ATA is unsupported while p14 in the FAQ it says that ATA is supported (as does p7).

However, my question was not about whether or not WiModem supports ATA, b/c I already know it does (I was only pointing out that the manual has not been completely updated). I wanted to know if anyone here actually has any experiences in running a real BBS on a real C64 using WiModem (preferably Color BBS), because I don't know how to configure this piece of software to get it working. Smile

Cheers,
Christian.
Thanks for pointing that out, I will look correct those. I also realized that I am missing some new commands, like phone number spoofing.
Hi Mephisztoe,

I haven't set up a Color 64 BBS since the early 90s. Smile

You may have to set the 'System Baud Rate' for Color 64 to match the modem's baud rate:

2.6.16 System Baud Rate

This question is for the BPS (Bits Per Second) rate that the system will set
 itself to when it is waiting for a caller, so it should be set to the
 maximum possible rate for your modem.  This is because Hayes compatible
 modems should automatically step-down to the correct BPS rate when someone
 calls using a lower BPS rate.  If you are not using the SwiftLink RS232
 interface, then the highest BPS rate for your system is 2400 BPS.

http://software.bbsdocumentary.com/COMMO...olor64.txt
Hi Mephisztoe,

Did you get any further with this? Do you know if it can be run from a single sd2iec card?

I'm also looking for any information about setting up Color64 with a WiModem, but having little luck yet.