Stunt Track Racer
Thank you very much for looking into it.

I've been trying to understand how the analyzer works and what to look for when analyzing an image. I had a question regarding the "flux display" feature, and please excuse the simplistic way I ask this Smile :

When viewing an image that has been captured, say, with 2 revolutions, I have noticed that the graph is divided into 2 sections divided by a line that I'm assuming is the end of one captured revolution and the beginning of the next (correct me if I am wrong there), am I correct/incorrect in assuming that the index should fall at the beginning and end of each section? Also the large gaps I am seeing in the flux display, is that the splice?

I have noticed from viewing images that I have created from my own originals, that these gaps fall at the beginning and ends of each section of the graph which suggests the splice occurs at the index? I could be way off base here, as I'm still learning how all of this works. But looking at the "Stunt Track Racer" image from RetroBackup, it looks like the splice is all over the place. Is that the issue here?

Once again thanks for taking the time out in having a look.
Yep, your understanding is completely correct!
(12-12-2016, 06:07 PM)admin Wrote: The image on RetroBackup works under WinUAE, but it does not seem to work writing it back using SPLICE mode.  The disk was not indexed, so this was probably a copy of a copy.

I have reason to believe that the copy of Stunt Track Racer on Retrobackup was actually dumped from an original and not a copy, since I've discovered a couple of things.

To update:

In addition to the non-working retail copy of Stunt Track Racer that I have, I recently bought a working retail copy of Stunt "Car" Racer (European version of Stunt "Track" Racer, I believe) and promptly made an image of that. Same deal: this disk was NOT indexed and so splice is all over the place. Again, when writing the image back to a new floppy, the floppy doesn't work even though the image DOES work in WinUAE.

I have also noticed that another user on Retrobackup has backed up his copy of Stunt Car Racer in the "Incoming SCP" folder and even his isn't indexed either, perhaps suggesting that these disks were manufactured like this. And, of course, his doesn't work either when written to floppy.

Same goes with my originals of "Skidmarks Program Disk" and "Super Skidmarks Program Disk". Neither of these were indexed and I have been unsuccessful in getting any workable floppy's out of them.

Let me know if you would like me to email any of them. Of course, Stunt "Car" Racer can be obtained from Retrobackup. Hopefully it shouldn't take much to sort out. Thanks for your help Jim.
I would need to see the other images to determine what the problem is with the SPLICE mode's write routine.
No problems. I have sent an email.
Looks like this particular disk was created on something other than a commercial duplicator, or was deliberately mastered this way. There are a few others the same way, like Dragon's Lair. I will look to see why the SPLICE mode fails when writing.
Hi there,
Just wanted to find out if there was any progress on the issue of non-indexed retail disk images not writing working copies to new disks. I noticed that SCP program v 1.92 came out not too long ago but the issue still exists. Just as a refresh, the games I have that are exhibiting this issue are Stunt Car Racer, Skidmarks Program Disk and Super Skidmarks Program Disk. Many thanks for your time and effort.
Any disk can be manually duplicated with the editor/analyzer (track by track), but I have not improved the SPLICE mode for Stunt Track Racer - the other disks I have not seen. It's only the writing to a real disk that needs to be corrected. Reads work fine, and all of these program would work within WinUAE with SPLICE mode. I am making some changes to the SCP software currently, so I will look at this again.
Jim is there any update on this please?
No update yet. I am actually moving, so my online store is closed until September 1st. My stuff will be packed up until about then.