Stunt Track Racer
Thanks Jim - and good luck with the move! - I think it would be incredibly helpful to people if you could perhaps take use through a walkthrough of a manual duplication via the editor/analyzer (track by track) - this type of more advanced processing is something that many of us have no knowledge of.
Probably a good idea. I should probably make a YouTube video of how to do this. Once you understand it, it's really simple.... just time consuming. I have always wanted to add a feature to re-skew the track so that all tracks would be aligned. This would let you convert a disk that requires SPLICE mode so that it can be converted to INDEX mode. This would reduce the file size.
A tutorial or video would be very helpful for those of us that need help understanding it.
ZippyZapp - I agree, and to extend on that - Jim, I think it really would be VERY valuable for you to do some videos on even the BASICs - get an old C64 disk and walk us through it. Image it, explain the settings and why, write a disk, explain the settings and why. Take a more challenging disk and repeat. You have no idea how many people would be grateful for that.
Jim, did you create this video yet? I think this would be great to have a video on what Obiwantje describes. Go over the basics and analyzer topics. To image from disk and image to disk.
No, I have not. I need to get to that at some point, but really it would only benefit just a few people that are interested. I don't think many people care about GCR decoding and the track layout.