Creating Physical Floppies From Disk Images
I can create actual floppies for my TRS-80 model 1 and Superbrain QD computers using disk images found online if I use a 360Kb drive.

I'd like to use a 1.2mb drive to create them, if possible. How would I do that? The 1.2mb drives need to be double stepped in order to create floppies readable on the TRS-80 or Superbrain but I don't see any way to tell SCP software to do that. When I load the disk image, the disk type is automatically set to Atari. If I try to change the drive type to C64 (which is the only type that can double step I've heard) the disk image is unloaded. I can never set the disk type to C64 before writing the image to disk. If someone has actually created working 34 or 40 track floppies from an 80 track drive, please let me know EXACTLY how it's done, including all settings. Thank you!

Tom Lake
You should be able to click on the OVERRIDE button and that will let you change the settings without unloading the disk image.
(11-22-2016, 12:26 PM)admin Wrote: You should be able to click on the OVERRIDE button and that will let you change the settings without unloading the disk image.

I thought so too but when I change the disk type, the image disappears. I can change to index mode instead of splice without the image disappearing but when I change disk type, the image is lost.

Tom L
Hmm.. I will look into that.
(11-22-2016, 05:30 PM)admin Wrote: Hmm.. I will look into that.

Any progress on finding out why the file disappears when I change the file type?

Tom L