Amiga drive with 3.8MB 3.5" mechanism?
Any chance of a future mod that would allow a Supercard Pro act as an external Amiga 23 pin, or even perhaps mounting the board under the floppy in an A500/1200?

I'm hoping this would be something like the 1541/81 style support promised.
One of things that the SuperCard Pro hardware was designed to do is act as a 34 pin floppy drive emulator.  It's on the list of things to do.

The 1541 emulation is something completely different.  This is how I got the foundation for the uDrive project that I am working on.
(09-13-2016, 09:09 PM)admin Wrote: One of things that the SuperCard Pro hardware was designed to do is act as a 34 pin floppy drive emulator.  It's on the list of things to do.

The 1541 emulation is something completely different.  This is how I got the foundation for the uDrive project that I am working on.

I thought there was plans to allow a real 5.25 inch PC Floppy Mechanism and have the SuperCard Pro act like a real 1541.
I'm actually hoping to hook up a 2.4MB 5.25" mech and use it as a 71.
Maybe also some funky 1.2MB and 2.4MB Psuedodore formats as well.

The uDrive, I thought was 1541 emulation from SD or TF.
Did I get confoozeded? Confused
I have never had any plans to use a 5.25" drive to emulate the 1541, only using the SD card. I suppose I could look into that at some point.

I started working on the 1541 emulation with the SCP hardware, and then decided to make a stand alone unit (uDrive).
Sorry. My misunderstanding. I took the "Future Features" part of the Store product page too literally. Since, as you mention, it was designed to be used with 34pin floppy connections, I assumed you could hook up real PC drive mechanisms to it, and use it as a 1541 or potentially other disk drives through the serial IEC adapter, and of course wondered if there was a way to make it work on an Amiga.

That would have been an awesome retro device that could potentially be sold to to any vintage computer hobbyist. Commodore, Atari, Apple, Amiga, 68k Mac, even modern system users who want to access retro disks through USB.

You wouldn't be able to keep them in stock. :-D

But... apparently I was just reading my own wish fulfillment thoughts into your product literature. :'-(

Thanks for the courteous reply.
You can create image files that can be converted to other formats and used to read/write those images in emulators.

I would love to find a way to use the USB interface to allow reading and writing of real disks (using 3.5" and/or 5.25" disk drives) under Windows. Like mounting drive X: with a 1541 disk.

As soon as I can finish the SD support, SCP will become a floppy drive emulator (like the HxC device is) and I can release uDrive.