UP9600
(09-26-2016, 12:15 PM)admin Wrote: That only occurs when the internet connection is hung.  What version of the WiModem firmware are you using?

Its 1.2 09/05/16
The Workshop -  http://home.reidspace.com/ 

OK, that won't matter then. There is a new version of firmware available (type ATUPDATE in your terminal program) that adds new features.

I have never had an issue with the UP9600 hack working, except as noted due to a bad UP9600 driver.
(09-26-2016, 04:51 PM)admin Wrote: OK, that won't matter then.  There is a new version of firmware available (type ATUPDATE in your terminal program) that adds new features.

I have never had an issue with the UP9600 hack working, except as noted due to a bad UP9600 driver.

I'll Update and have another go, many thanks.

Go it working at 9600 eventually ..

For some reason I was under the impression I had to AT&K1 before switching baud.. This was incorrect.

It just works.

(07-05-2016, 03:53 PM)admin Wrote: I ran into the same problem with the Striketerm "final" version.  I had to use a previous version of Striketerm for it to work.  It could be that the final version changed the polarity of the RTS/CTS handshake.  You can change polarities using the various AT commands.  I did not investigate why it didn't work when I found that the previous version did.

Hey, guys, I know this is an old thread - but for the sake of those that come after us.... Had some related issues with my UP9600 - rs232 device (this schematic) and Striketerm 2014 Final. 

After some problems and searching, in the comments section of this page I found some notes that the XON/XOFF and RTS/CTS functions were switched over in Striketerm 2014 Final.

In my case (I use a cable and TCPSER) I set TCPSER to RTS/CTS and Striketerm 2014 Final to XON/XOFF (which as per the bug is actually RTS/CTS), and then it it functions flawlessly.
Thanks for the info! That would definitely explain the issues. I hope the author corrects this.
(10-04-2017, 09:27 PM)discoball78 Wrote:
(07-05-2016, 03:53 PM)admin Wrote: I ran into the same problem with the Striketerm "final" version.  I had to use a previous version of Striketerm for it to work.  It could be that the final version changed the polarity of the RTS/CTS handshake.  You can change polarities using the various AT commands.  I did not investigate why it didn't work when I found that the previous version did.

Hey, guys, I know this is an old thread - but for the sake of those that come after us.... Had some related issues with my UP9600 - rs232 device (this schematic) and Striketerm 2014 Final. 

After some problems and searching, in the comments section of this page I found some notes that the XON/XOFF and RTS/CTS functions were switched over in Striketerm 2014 Final.

In my case (I use a cable and TCPSER) I set TCPSER to RTS/CTS and Striketerm 2014 Final to XON/XOFF (which as per the bug is actually RTS/CTS), and then it it functions flawlessly.

I need to buy you a beer...

(10-10-2016, 06:19 AM)Zeropage Wrote: Go it working at 9600 eventually ..

For some reason I was under the impression I had to AT&K1 before switching baud.. This was incorrect.

It just works.

This is probably why you were under that impression. Per the manual:

"Q: Is the WiModem capable of more than 2400 baud?
A: Yes. The well known “UP9600” hack is built into the WiModem. You will
need to enable the hardware handshaking to use this feature at 9600 baud."

Like you, though, I found that I did not need to set AT&K1 nor did I need to set hardware handshaking in my term program. 9600 seems to be fine without it. I am sure it will be needed if I ever wanted to try 38.4k, however.  Smile

I made my settings changes in this order: 1) First the WiModem (AT*B9600), then I loaded the UP9600 driver, then set the term baud rate to 9600. I also encountered freezes when I changed to the UP9600 driver. I somehow got it set without a freeze, the saved the term configuration right away. I am using Striketerm 2014 Final but had good results with Novaterm 9.6 also.

On a different subject-- I have failed to download a single file from any C64 BBS I have connected to thus far. I remember Punter being more friendly and automatic, but I am always told to go start my download and then manually name my file. Data starts to trickle in but I then get a bunch of retries. Too bad more C64 BBSes aren't capable of using ZModem. Our terminal programs are.  Smile

Hmmm....I am wondering If I can choose Multi-Punter even for a single download.
You MOST definitely need AT&K1. Want proof? Type AT*HELP! and see the result. You will get just part of the data, not all of it. You NEED flow control at 9600 baud or you WILL lose data. You will definitely not be able to download successfully without flow control enabled, so I am not surprised by your results!
(02-24-2018, 01:37 PM)admin Wrote: You MOST definitely need AT&K1.  Want proof?  Type AT*HELP! and see the result.  You will get just part of the data, not all of it.  You NEED flow control at 9600 baud or you WILL lose data.  You will definitely not be able to download successfully without flow control enabled, so I am not surprised by your results!

Ok, that could explain my downloading problem.  Smile

So enable AT&K1 and the hardware flow control setting in my term program? Maybe not in Striketerm 2014 Final if that particular setting is buggy. (EDIT-- I get it, just change to software flow control instead).