Firmware requests
(01-05-2018, 08:04 AM)pawprintlogic1 Wrote: I see an update is available but when I type ATUPDATE or atupdate all I get is "error".. do I need to reset the modem??

Thanks!!

hiya

its at*update
The Workshop -  http://home.reidspace.com/ 

With the v2.00 and later firmware, some command syntax was changed.  All WiModem specific commands now require a asterisks (*) between the AT and command.  So, ATUPDATE is now AT*UPDATE.
I didn’t see if anyone else already asked, but how about displaying settings on the oled, like baudrate, handshake and so on. Not using the WiModem regularly, it happens, that I forget which settings I had applied.
Ok, noted! I have already added an online timer in some beta code. I can look at adding the baud rate and handshake. It's always 8N1, so that info isn't needed.
(05-04-2019, 05:04 PM)admin Wrote: Ok, noted!  I have already added an online timer in some beta code.  I can look at adding the baud rate and handshake.  It's always 8N1, so that info isn't needed.

+1 for adding baud rate to the display - I use the WiModem232 and move it among a few machines and this would make it easier to know what my settings should be.
I don't know how much of an undertaking this would be, however are you familiar with the IPP/CUPS network printer driver for GEOS?  Bo Zimmerman developed the feature for the C64Net WiFi Modem.  Unfortunately it is a custom firmware feature.  Maybe it's too specific/unique of a request, but if it is possible to add that functionality it would be great!
I have never heard of this before, and I have never really used GEOS before. But, I can look into it.