Firmware requests
If you have any features you would like to see, please post here with your recommendations.  I will try to implement what makes sense!
(06-13-2016, 03:52 PM)admin Wrote: If you have any features you would like to see, please post here with your recommendations.  I will try to implement what makes sense!

What about a way to "spoof" numbers like tcpser allows.  For example, the Q-Link software only knows how to dial numbers, so you configure tcpser to dial out to q-link.net:port instead of 555-1212 or whatever.
Hmm.. I didn't know this. I had heard that Q-Link was up and running. Do you have any info on this? I could easily add spoofing. It would be nice if I could use some type of common identifier in a number.... like ATDT 1-555-1212, where the '1' was the identifier that used for the number. Perhaps the second number (first '5') is the index into a table of spoofs. I just need some info on the dialing requirements for the various programs.
http://orrtech.us/qlink/index.html

is the instructions and disk image.  The difference is the actual URL is q-link.net:5190, not the one listed on the page.  I think you can use an arbitrary phone number when you set up q-link to dial.
OK, thanks. I will look into adding the spoofing then. I guess I can make a new AT command and keep a list of spoofed numbers, much like the phone book does now.

Something like:

AT&SN0=15551212,q-link.net:5190

Whenever ATDT15551212 is received by the modem, it would substitute q-link.net:5910 for the phone number.
(07-26-2016, 05:33 PM)admin Wrote: Something like:

AT&SN0=15551212,q-link.net:5190

Whenever ATDT15551212 is received by the modem, it would substitute q-link.net:5910 for the phone number.

This looks good I just order a WiModem and want to use it for Q-Link and other BBS's. So I hope can just type this in so a number will = a URL with port even. Because the Q-Link disk can only input a number and can have the number = a IP this should be very good.

Maybe you will have this update when I got mine. Just order it today.

-Raymond Day
No, I don't have this update done yet. It's a bit more involved than I imagined. :\
Hi

Would it be possible to change settings (Baud/handshaking/etc) over the LAN ?
The Workshop -  http://home.reidspace.com/ 

No, there is no way to change any settings remotely. You must use a terminal program, just like a real modem.
I see an update is available but when I type ATUPDATE or atupdate all I get is "error".. do I need to reset the modem??

Thanks!!