Software doesn't recognize SCP board.
Hello. I'm new to this mighty device..

Under Windows 7 x64,

1. I installed the SCP software before plugging in SCP board as administrator mode.
2. USB driver is successfully installed.
3. Update to SCP v1.91 is successful.

When I plug in SCP board, I can see the SCP board with USB device tree viewer like below.

======================== USB Device ========================

+++++++++++++++++ Device Information ++++++++++++++++++
Device Description : USB Serial Converter
Device Path : \\?\usb#vid_0403&pid_6015#scp-jim#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
Device ID : USB\VID_0403&PID_6015\SCP-JIM
Driver KeyName : {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}\0034 (GUID_DEVCLASS_USB)
Driver : C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ftdibus.sys (Version: 2.12.6.3 Date: 2015-07-24)
Driver Inf : C:\Windows\inf\oem22.inf
Legacy BusType : PNPBus
Class : USB
Service : FTDIBUS
Enumerator : USB
Location Info : Port_#0002.Hub_#0001
Location IDs : PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1400)#USBROOT(0)#USB(2)
Container ID : {b28a930f-fe2d-5124-91fa-6dbe114663da}
Manufacturer Info : FTDI
Capabilities : 0x94 (Removable, UniqueID, SurpriseRemovalOK)
Address : 2
Problem Code : 0
Power State : D0 (supported: D0, D3, wake from D0)

But, When I launch SCP software (as administrator privilege, jumper J1 is in place(short), and update jumper is removed.), it shows this message.

"SuperCard Pro hardware is in update mode! Remove update jumper, reset board, and re-launch this software!"

I removed and re attached to USB many times, nothing changed.

When I remove jumper J1 and attach to USB port, and run SCP software, SCP says like this.
"This software requires firmware v0.9 or later firmware! Please upgrade your firmware!" ( SCP has v1.1 firmware, though)
And then, I can see SCP main window. However, in title bar, SCP software shows "Hardware v0.0 0 Firmware v0.0" and I cannot use the SCP device at all.

What can I do for this situation?
Jumper J1 must be in place unless you are powering the board using the Molex drive connector.

Are any floppy drives connected when this happens?  When you plug the SCP into the USB port, does the BLUE LED light up?  It could be that your USB port voltage is too low (not 4.85v or higher per spec).

The system thinks that your board is in firmware upgrade mode, which means the BLUE LED would be on as well.  When you power up the board you should see the RED LED come on solid for 1 second, flash several times, and then turn off and the GREEEN LED turn on.
(01-19-2016, 09:05 AM)admin Wrote: Jumper J1 must be in place unless you are powering the board using the Molex drive connector.

Are any floppy drives connected when this happens?  When you plug the SCP into the USB port, does the BLUE LED light up?  It could be that your USB port voltage is too low (not 4.85v or higher per spec).

The system thinks that your board is in firmware upgrade mode, which means the BLUE LED would be on as well.  When you power up the board you should see the RED LED come on solid for 1 second, flash several times, and then turn off and the GREEEN LED turn on.

Hi. I appreciate for your kind reply.

Nothing changed with FDD(followed direction of manual).
And, the blue LED does not light up.

When I power up the board, the red LED come on solid for 1 second, flash several times, and then turn off and the GREEN LED turn on.
I bought two SCP board, and they have same symptom.
If the BLUE LED is not on, then it is not in firmware update mode.

Try this:

Remove the floppy cable (and drive power connector) from the board if connected.  Plug the SCP board into the USB port.  Wait until Windows recognizes the SCP board.
Run the SCP software.  It should find the SCP board and come up with the main screen (copier).  If that works, then the problem is that you have the floppy cable connected incorrectly, or you are trying to power a drive from the SCP board and do not have sufficient current from the USB port to do that.

How are you trying to power the drive?

I hand program and test every single board, using the media integrity test to verify the read/write/head/step/etc. functionality.
(01-20-2016, 10:01 AM)admin Wrote: If the BLUE LED is not on, then it is not in firmware update mode.

Try this:

Remove the floppy cable (and drive power connector) from the board if connected.  Plug the SCP board into the USB port.  Wait until Windows recognizes the SCP board.
Run the SCP software.  It should find the SCP board and come up with the main screen (copier).  If that works, then the problem is that you have the floppy cable connected incorrectly, or you are trying to power a drive from the SCP board and do not have sufficient current from the USB port to do that.

How are you trying to power the drive?

I hand program and test every single board, using the media integrity test to verify the read/write/head/step/etc. functionality.

Hello! I found the solution.
The cause of this symptom was the language of OS.(I used Korean version of Windows, After I install the English version of Windows, It goes well)

I appreciate for your kind reply and this cool device Big Grin