Problems backing up homemade disks
Hardware ver. 1.1
Software ver. 1.94
Firmware ver. 1.2

I am using a Tandon TM50-1 (180K, single sided double density) 5.25" disk drive trying to archive a bunch of Atari "flippy" disks that I believe were written in a 1050 disk drive. I have covered the write protect notches on the disks I am testing.

I have had quite a bit of trouble trying to get the disks to properly read. I am using side A for all tests, by the way.

If I set it to Atari 400/800, double density (48tpi) in settings, the drive will start doublestepping and by the time it reaches track 20, will start ramming into the stop. Setting the drive to 96tpi yields the same result.

Reading a person with the same problem's thread here, I set it to C64 mode. This actually worked, and I was able to read all 40 tracks. However, when I attempted to write the image to another blank (erased using built in program) disk and trying it in my Atari with a 1050 drive, it loads for a split second, then brings up a black screen. I can hear the head in the 1050 going back and forth, and it seems to be attempting to load a bit of data (evidenced by the "beep" made by the system when it is loading data) about every second or so. Said 1050 drive works fine with the original non-duplicated disk.

I am sort of a beginner in floppy disk archival, so I hope I am not doing something incorrectly.

Thank you for your assistance.
-CJ
Get a8rawconv from here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/231835-...?p=3490257

This will let you copy and image disks, as well as convert disks to emulator formats like ATX using the SuperCard Pro hardware.

I have never seen a single sided drive with a 34 pin interface in real life, but I believe it should work just fine with the SuperCard Pro hardware. I will look into the double-step issue with the SuperCard Pro software, but a8rawconv will be what you will want to use since it was designed by a guy who knows Atari 8 bit machines.
Hi!

> I have never seen a single sided drive with a 34 pin interface in real life, but I believe it should work just fine with the SuperCard Pro hardware.
> I will look into the double-step issue with the SuperCard Pro software, but a8rawconv will be what you will want to use since it was designed by a guy who knows Atari 8 bit machines.

Was this ever fixed or found? I´ve the same issue here.

Hardware of SCP: 1.1
Firmware: 1.3
Software v2.50

Use Mitsumi D503 40 Tracks 360k 5.25" drive. It´s one of the disk drives used in the genuine Atari XF551 external diskstations for the Atari XL/XE series. So it can read Atari Disks flawless :-)

When I set the Disk-Type to "Atari 400/800" and copy from real drive to a flux-file, 7072291 bytes are written. Every single track from 0 to 39 is read (checked with head´s movement). When I try to do the other way - write a real disk from the former saved flux file - than only every second track is written and the drive crashes to the boundary after track 21. It´s also easily to see that the head will always make a step of 2 tracks.

Same oocurs when I use the copy from "SCP drive 0" to "SCP drive 0" option.

Any help would be fine.

Thanks, Jurgen
I thought I had fixed this issue, but maybe only when reading (not writing)? I will take a look.
(06-12-2022, 10:43 AM)admin Wrote: I thought I had fixed this issue, but maybe only when reading (not writing)?  I will take a look.

Cool - thanks!