Windows 10
FYI, I have no issues to install SCP following W10 installation (from scratch).
OK, thanks for confirming!
I tried installing the the software for the board today on a Win 10 (64 bit) machine (Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 laptop if that matters). Installation looks OK, except that the driver installation is opened in two different procedures. So the software itself is installed and then it spawns two different driver installers.

After installation, there is a USB Serial port on COM3: so that part looks ok.

(And yes, installation was done using admin, with Avast disabled just to be sure).

Launching the program (again as admin), I get error 713. It is seemingly missing MSSTDFMT.DLL. The file is there at c:\Program Files (x86)\SCP\ so it's not the installation that failed in this part. I tried placing a copy at c:\windows\system32 and then tried adding c:\Program Files (x86)\SCP\ to the path but neither helped.

So I run out of options and welcome suggestions.
(09-29-2015, 09:56 AM)Bacchus Wrote: I tried installing the the software for the board today on a Win 10 (64 bit) machine (Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 laptop if that matters). Installation looks OK, except that the driver installation is opened in two different procedures. So the software itself is installed and then it spawns two different driver installers.

After installation,  there is a USB Serial port on COM3: so that part looks ok.

(And yes, installation was done using admin, with Avast disabled just to be sure).

Launching the program (again as admin), I get error 713. It is seemingly missing MSSTDFMT.DLL. The file is there at c:\Program Files (x86)\SCP\ so it's not the installation that failed in this part. I tried placing a copy at c:\windows\system32 and then tried adding c:\Program Files (x86)\SCP\ to the path but neither helped.

So I run out of options and welcome suggestions.

Fixed it. I open the shell as administrator at the path of the SCP.EXE (where the MSSTDFMT.DLL is also located) and ran this

regsvr32 MSSTDFMT.DLL

Now works fine.
Yes, this is a known problem with some installations of Windows. The dll file is not installed/registered, depending on the type of machine. There is a thread about this here:

https://www.cbmstuff.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7