Feedback & feature requests
I will be making a .scp to .adf conversion option. However, .adf image files do not offer any means of supporting copy protection. There are several formats that do, such as .ipf and even .dms has an option for raw MFM data.
I just need the ability to copy the original disk to any file format just so I can copy from that format and create an original disk

(12-17-2013, 10:28 AM)admin Wrote: I will be making a .scp to .adf conversion option. However, .adf image files do not offer any means of supporting copy protection. There are several formats that do, such as .ipf and even .dms has an option for raw MFM data.
That is not a problem. SuperCard Pro can generate a flux level image (.scp). This is the raw flux level (magnetic transitions) of data. You store these files and you can then convert the flux data back to make an original disk.
I just got my Super Card Pro and I was very impressed by it and with the 0.70 version of the software! I was able to easily copy several V-Max! titles, RapidLock and some Sega titles (Altered Beast & Turbo Outrun)...

However, I did have trouble with some Epyx (later Vorpal) titles like:

- Legend of BlackSilver
- California Games

Is it because they did not use the index? I tried multiple combinations (blind, not blind) and got nothing...

Other than that, it is amazing... being the first version and beta, it seems to easily exceed the capabilities and ease of use of Kryo-Flux (which I also have).

Great job as usual Jim! I look forward to future revisions of the software.
(12-16-2013, 07:39 PM)admin Wrote: Since when were the Toaster disks copy protected? The original 20+ disk set that came with my Video Toaster 4000 were not protected.

LOL, I was not referring to the toaster 4000 disks Big Grin

I was referring to toaster/flyer applications like FlyFX where disk 1 is copy protected and must be in DF0 in order for the program to operate. I have this app and several other apps for the toaster/flyer that are also copy protected. This is why I want a Super Copy Pro so bad.

I will be ordering my board tomorrow. I cant wait to try it out
I am working on the Epyx issue. I may end up forcing a re-read of a disk if a write splice is not found. There is always a write splice, but sometimes it doesn't show up as an invalid bit cell. I know the protection on all of these disks and how they operate - they copied fine with SuperCard+ back in the 80's. I am trying to stay away from actually looking at the data on the disk in any type of decoded format and relying strictly on the flux data. We will get there!
Videofx - I am 100% positive the SuperCard Pro can duplicate any Amiga disk. Supercard Ami could, and that is nowhere near as robust as SuperCard Pro.
Is there any difference between .scp and .g64 in terms of containing protection info? Would it be useful if .scp was integrated into Vice or CCS64?
Yes, there is huge difference between .scp and .g64. The .scp images contain the actual flux level data (magentic transition times). The .g64 is decoded GCR data, lacking any information about density changes and other things. It *IS* possible to have .g64 format support the density changes, but none of the emulators support that because the authors don't think that there are enough programs that use this type of protection to justify it. I disagree with this, because there are quite a few!

I would be thrilled if CCS64 wanted to support .scp or real .g64 format. It will never happen with WinVICE.
(12-19-2013, 02:29 PM)admin Wrote: Videofx - I am 100% positive the SuperCard Pro can duplicate any Amiga disk. Supercard Ami could, and that is nowhere near as robust as SuperCard Pro.

Thanks! Look for my order shortly!