Drive not being detected on scan
If you disconnect the drive the show up, does Drive 0 then show up? It could be a termination problem I guess... or maybe even a bad floppy drive cable. This has never been reported before (John did a lot of dual drive testing, as did a few others), and I can't reproduce it here.
(07-02-2015, 03:31 PM)admin Wrote: If you disconnect the drive the show up, does Drive 0 then show up?  It could be a termination problem I guess... or maybe even a bad floppy drive cable.  This has never been reported before (John did a lot of dual drive testing, as did a few others), and I can't reproduce it here.

I gotta admit, I'm stymied on this ... pretty frustrating actually.  I don't even know what to do next. Yes, if I disconnect the other drive, then there is no problem getting drive 0 to show up. I tried both floppy cables without any luck ... do I need to do anything to the cable itself?

Curt
==================================
The Problem with Being Brutally Honest ...
It Often Leads to More Brutality Than Honesty  Big Grin 
No, nothing is required with the cable. The only thing i can think of is a termination issue.
(07-02-2015, 11:16 PM)admin Wrote: No, nothing is required with the cable.  The only thing i can think of is a termination issue.

Well, I guess unless Boom can figure this one out with respect to perhaps an issue with the drive,  I'm s.o.l. on this. Confused

C.
I have never seen this issue before, and I have mixed and matched so many different drives - but none of them have the TM jumper.

Have you actually tried making a drive to drive copy when you have fudged it to make both drives show up? If so, did that copy actually work?
(07-04-2015, 07:38 AM)admin Wrote: I have never seen this issue before, and I have mixed and matched so many different drives - but none of them have the TM jumper.

Have you actually tried making a drive to drive copy when you have fudged it to make both drives show up?  If so, did that copy actually work?

Yes, sir, it did do drive-to-drive when I went through the "unplug USB, de-power, re-power and plug in USB again" process that I listed earlier in the thread. However, when I exited the SCP software and turned off my enclosure, then re-powered the enclosure and went back into the SCP software again, "drive 0" disappeared.

With respect to the copy process working, no, the copy that I did make didn't work, but Jim, it was Pocket Writer 2 I was trying to copy. To be honest, I could never figure out the settings I needed to do the copy successfully, so in the end I can't really fault anything on the copy failure, as I've been told that PW2 is a difficult program to back up.

John has suggested to me to forward him the cables and drive so I'll have to send same states side in hopes that he can uncover the issue.

Curt
Ok, I will speak with John about it.
I have a similar problem. I have bought a HP 45812A Panasonic JU-475-4E53 5.25'' 1.2 MB DS/HD. I have checked the jumpers, they should be good. 1 jumper on PH instead of HH I think the other is and DS 2, where it can be set to DS 1, 2, 3 or 4.

I have gotten this to work with a 3,5" floppy drive, so I have tested this floppy drive with the same cable. It does have a twist on the cable, going up to the drive 0 connector at the end. I first tried connecting the 3,5" drive while the 5,25" drive was connected on the same cable at the drive 0 set. The 3,5" connection is after the 5,25" connector. It could not find the drive. Also it keeps reading from the moment it powers up. I have then tried connecting it without the 5,25" drive connected and then on the drive 1 3,5" connector. Then with the SCP as the power source as well, and then with the SCP as power source and the cable I used before. Only this way does SCP find the 3,5" drive.

I think I will try the other cable again both connectors while using the SCP as a power source for the 3,5" drive. I am pretty sure that other cable should work for this, right? The one with the 5,25" connectors and the twist in the cable before the drive 0 connector.
Did some more testing. I am pretty sure its the cable. One strange thing it does is when I use this cable, regardless of whether I use one connector or the other, the 3,5" disk drive just keeps reading as soon as I power it up. The light stays green. Sucks... these cables are not easy to find these days, at least without having to wait more than a week on its delivery. The power supply does work, at least when I only connect the 3,5" drive. I am waiting for a 5v + 12v external power supply to arrive, that should ensure that the power is good.
I have cables that work. Smile