Drive not being detected on scan
Great to hear!!
Yes, very glad it now sees the drive! I'm not having much luck copying and writing back some unprotected A2 disks, but I'll keep fiddling.

You've done a great job w/ the UI, very intuitive.
What are A2 disks?
(01-31-2015, 01:55 PM)admin Wrote: What are A2 disks?

Sorry, I meant Apple ][. I've tried a couple of different drives and blank target disks (which work) and I haven't had much luck making a flux image of unprotected disks and then writing back
. Tried 2 different drives (1.2M and a 360k).

I'm going to try making a .g64 later today see if that works.

thanks for all your help so far!
OK, more progress!

I was able to make a .g64 of Beachhead II and it worked fine in Vice. I was not able to write it back to disk and use it. However, I was able to make a flux image of Infiltrator (C64) and write that back to a blank disk and it worked. So the device, drives, etc are working.

With the Apple images I wonder if it's a question of the drive in the //c being slightly out of alignment, enough such that the disks I write w/ the flux images can't be read?
Only disks written on the index pulse can be duplicated using INDEX mode. Otherwise you need to use SPLICE mode.
(02-01-2015, 09:32 PM)admin Wrote: Only disks written on the index pulse can be duplicated using INDEX mode. Otherwise you need to use SPLICE mode.

Ok, I will try that, thanks.
OK,

I have my SuperCard Pro installed in an external enclosure that has two 5.25" bays and I am using two 5.25" flippy modded Panasonic disk drives that I purchased from sncboom2k in that enclosure. I have read up on the fact that the TM (termination)  jumper should be removed from one of the drives if it is used as the second (middle of the floppy cable - the so-called "B" ) drive. I have tried the removal of said jumper from that drive, with no luck. I have tried the two drives without any terminators removed, with the same result. I even tried putting one of the drives to DS2 with no luck.

Essentially, with everything in place and each drive plugged into the same cable and the USB connector plugged into my Windows 7 Pro PC. I boot up the SCP software and lo and behold, both drives' lights turn on momentarily, but, in the software, only drive 1 turns up, no drive 0.

The two drives are Panasonic Models JU 475-4 APJ as drive 0, and Panasonic Models JU 475-4 C54 as drive 1 (the second).

What can I do to fix this? I want to have dual drive copying working.

PS: As of now, both are selected DS2 and termination is on

Curt

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

==================================
The Problem with Being Brutally Honest ...
It Often Leads to More Brutality Than Honesty  Big Grin 
Are you using the proper floppy drive cable? The end most connector should have a rather noticeable twist in the middle of it.

If you connect a single drive to the end connector, what drive number does it show as under the SCP software? If you move that same drive to the other connector, what drive number does it appear as? (note: you will have to power down the SCP and kill the software between tests).
(06-12-2015, 05:28 PM)admin Wrote: Are you using the proper floppy drive cable?  The  end most connector should have a rather noticeable twist in the middle of it.

If you connect a single drive to the end connector, what drive number does it show as under the SCP software?  If you move that same drive to the other connector, what drive number does it appear as?  (note: you will have to power down the SCP and kill the software between tests).

Hi Jim,

Yeah, actually I've used both of the ones I bought from you.  Interestingly, I've done a lot of tinkering with this over the past few days, and I did manage to get the drives to show up ... well, at least if I do the following:

1. Disconnect my USB cable from my PC.
2. Turn my external enclosure with the two floppy drives off.
3. Turn on my enclosure again.
4. Re-connect the USB cable again

Then, I get both drives showing up in the software.

If I don't disconnect the USB cable and I just come into my workspace and turn the enclosure on from the off position, only Drive 1 on the inner connector will show up in the software. This is extra weird as when the SCP software starts BOTH drives' lights come on as if the system has polled them, yet only Drive 1 appears ... unless I go through the rigamarole of those 4 steps.

Is there a jumper on the drive 0 that might need to be set or is this an irritation that just won't go away?

Curt
The Problem with Being Brutally Honest ...
It Often Leads to More Brutality Than Honesty  Big Grin