Bug reports
Ok - beta 97.

I can disk to disk copy Summer Games II no problem. If I make an SCP and try to write it back using .97 - it fails to load. This is non-blind copy.

However - similar but working - I can disk to disk copy DiskMaker 1.1 (which requires half tracks and non blind copy) and it works and so does the scp file created by b97.

I've had no issues with blind copy scp images in .97 - The only issue I've seen so far is Summer Games II. I can submit it to you for analysis if you like. (I tested all of my Taito titles using blind copy and scp image files with .97) They all worked. And non blind copy as well as scp image of Sinbad works. (All created and written with .97)
What is the meaning of FDTI transfer Error ???
If I click retry it says invalid command and program is stuck?
I had to reboot the system because when restarted the program kept saying board not available?!
sncboom2k, Drive to Drive and Image to Drive use two different methods of determining the write splice, so I guess one works with Summer Games II and one does not. When I get back to working on the C64 stuff, I will look at that.

DrCoolZic, FTDI transfer error means that the USB port quit working. This makes sense why you had to reboot too.
(01-14-2014, 08:19 AM)admin Wrote: sncboom2k, Drive to Drive and Image to Drive use two different methods of determining the write splice, so I guess one works with Summer Games II and one does not. When I get back to working on the C64 stuff, I will look at that.

DrCoolZic, FTDI transfer error means that the USB port quit working. This makes sense why you had to reboot too.

Thanks Jim.

When I run into this issue it's usually a matter of closing the software, disconnecting the card and drive and reconnecting, then opening the software. I've not had to reboot over it. The FTDI error was prominent in b96 when writing an image. I've not seen it yet in b97.

On another note - I can disk to disk copy Arkanoid II, I can make an image and it writes back fine also, but I can't seem to make a working G64 of it. I'll try again today.
For info I tried again to image a floppy using 5 revolutions and the program stops at exactly the same place very close to the end!
A 65Mb is written but obviously not complete. And even after killing the program I must reboot the machine to be able to use SCP again!
I will try with 4 revolution to see if it still bug.
The disks I was trying with v0.97 were V-Max games. I tried Taito's Renegade and Rastan (V-Max3), which worked just fine with v0.94, as well as Mindscape's Gauntlet Deeper Dungeons (V-Max2). All were read in with blind mode enabled, same as they were with 0.94.

All 3 .scp images would fail to convert to .g64, returning the error "unable to create new file", which then creates a 0 byte .g64 file. Writing the .scp image back to disk resulted in a copy that wouldn't even load the directory.

These .scp images would load into the analyzer properly though, and the data appeared ok from within there. I can send you a v0.94 image along with the corresponding v0.97 image if you want to compare.

Non-blind mode seems to be okay. I made a non-blind .scp file of Rastan and then wrote it back to disk, and the disk loaded properly.
I have not tried any C64 disks since maybe v0.80, so maybe something is broken. I will look at it today. Does going from disk to g64 image directly work with these disks?
(01-14-2014, 09:43 AM)DrCoolZic Wrote: For info I tried again to image a floppy using 5 revolutions and the program stops at exactly the same place very close to the end!
A 65Mb is written but obviously not complete. And even after killing the program I must reboot the machine to be able to use SCP again!

I wonder if this has something to do with a file being >64MB? I imaged using 5 revolutions with the Amiga version of Shadow of the Beast and the Atari ST version of Dungeon Master, both of which were less than 64MB.
OK, I was able to convert a flux image to g64 just fine when using a flux image created with a previous version (v0.94 and earlier), but there is a problem when trying to use a flux image created with 0.97, I get the same message about not being able to create a new file. I am looking into it.
(01-14-2014, 11:46 AM)admin Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 09:43 AM)DrCoolZic Wrote: For info I tried again to image a floppy using 5 revolutions and the program stops at exactly the same place very close to the end!

I wonder if this has something to do with a file being >64MB? I imaged using 5 revolutions with the Amiga version of Shadow of the Beast and the Atari ST version of Dungeon Master, both of which were less than 64MB.
Sounds like it is the problem the program stops and leave a file with 63.6 MB (66 718 059 bytes).
Is this a limit of the program?

Also Awasome disk 3 - 4 revolutions is 62MB ? This is far more than with other FD I have done. What could be the reason? Fire and Forget is only 45MB for 5 rev?