Kaypro II CP/M Boot Disk - SCP Creation
I use the C64 disk type. That does the double step with a 96TPI drive. I also used a 48TPI drive with the IBM360 disk type.
In other words, for copying disks to use with a SSDD drive such as the Kaypro II has, use the C64 setting, and for a DSDD drive, such as the Kaypro 4 and 4/84 have (among others) use the IBM 360 drive type?

-CH-
When using a 48TPI drive for copying, you can use the IBM360, TRS-80, etc. setting because it will not double-step. When using a 96TPI drive for copying, you will want to use the C64 mode, which will double-step.
Been experimenting with these the last few days, and your non-IBM settings are very, very confusing. I've told my SCP that I am using a 48TPI 5.25" drive in the settings. It should know that it can't double step or read half tracks and there is no visible indication that it wants (needs?) to do that. But it goes ahead an does it anyway. Which results in a nice thunk, thunk, thunk, as it reaches what it claims is track "22".

I actually have a bit of a need to make an SCP image with only single-sided 48TPI data (no reading second side data at all, no writing to the second side, and no half-tracks), but none of the disk types do that. The only single sided disk types insist on double stepping or reading half tracks.

Also, what does that new "both: () 0: () 1: ()" option do?
Ack! That option is experimental and should actually not be there yet. I need to remove that. That option (once finished) will let you make an image of either side of the disk, or both. This would let you write to a single side only.

The C64 mode is the only mode currently that read/writes to a single (bottom) side.