Ok, So what am I doing wrong??
Question 
Using a Samsung SFD-321B REV.T1 and a simple AmigaDOS disk I get these errors.
Read Index to ADF all red errors and a blank file.

Read Splice to Flux all yellow errors and a blank template file.

Windows 8.1 64bit, all drivers installed ok, run as administrator, updated to 1.10.
FTDI virtual port settings show up as pictured in both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports.

Floppy drive and cable tested with kryoflux (swapped out the SCP) and came up with a normal adf file. (comparison files attached)
.zip   Test Disk Relokick.zip (Size: 188.92 KB / Downloads: 3)
Out of ideas this end Huh any help appreciated.
Red means that it can not find any Amiga data. This would still generate a blank (901,120) length file. The display looks fine for SPLICE mode and that should generate a flux file that is the size of the data captured, which varies greatly depending on the format of the disk.

Go to the disk/drive utilities and run the media integrity test on a blank disk. This will test if the drive working. How are you powering this drive?

Did you plug the cable in backwards at any time? This could damage the board.
(05-12-2014, 08:50 PM)admin Wrote: Go to the disk/drive utilities and run the media integrity test on a blank disk. This will test if the drive working. How are you powering this drive?

Powered from either Powered USB(Y cable) or separate 450watt power supply. SCP goes through all the motions well.
Floppy drive/USB Cable/Floppy Cables all work with kryoflux board(simple swap over tests done). All other disks do the same thing so far.

Maximum Track Test comes up with 87 tracks. Huh
The Disk Media Test says "No index pulse found!".

Quote:Did you plug the cable in backwards at any time? This could damage the board.

Nope. Quite paranoid about pin 1 and the lugs. Driver shot for windows 8.1 64bit.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's odd that you would receive a "no index pulse" message. Where exactly do you see this message? If it happens once, it should happen always, which means nothing really would work. The index pulse is not optional. I have never seen the 321B rev T1. It is possible that this is a high density only drive, or the density is backwards from normal. Drive changing the density->read->low to high and see if it then works.
(05-13-2014, 11:11 PM)admin Wrote: It's odd that you would receive a "no index pulse" message. Where exactly do you see this message? If it happens once, it should happen always, which means nothing really would work. The index pulse is not optional. I have never seen the 321B rev T1. It is possible that this is a high density only drive, or the density is backwards from normal. Drive changing the density->read->low to high and see if it then works.

Test done, with density low or high "no index pulse" returns.

With Index Sensor> Read> Ignore (which is how the colored error copies were done too)

Well, either it's an issue with the drive, power supply for the drive, cable, or the SuperCard board. What concerns me the most is the cable. I don't like those asus drive cables that don't have the twist (drive 0). Do you have another cable you can try? If that does not work, I can always look at the board. Every one is of course hand tested, so it should work just fine.
(05-14-2014, 07:32 PM)admin Wrote: Well, either it's an issue with the drive, power supply for the drive, cable, or the SuperCard board. What concerns me the most is the cable. I don't like those asus drive cables that don't have the twist (drive 0). Do you have another cable you can try? If that does not work, I can always look at the board. Every one is of course hand tested, so it should work just fine.

Actually its an Abit twisted cable lol. And yup tried other cables. All work fine with kryoflux and therefore should work with SCP.
Also tried it on windows XP just to see if it was the drivers. Same results.

Last test is to try another floppy drive. If that fails; to where do I send the SCP board for testing?
How many 34 pin connectors are on this cable? If there was a twist in the cable (and the drive was at the end of the cable), the drive would show up as drive 0. The twist portion should be nearest the drive itself. Maybe you have the cable backwards? That could explain the issue. With a twist in the cable, the drive will always be 0 at the twist. Because the SuperCard Pro's floppy interface is bi-directional, you can't swap the cable ends like you can with KryoFlux. Take a look at the installation pictures in the SuperCard Pro manual.

The return address is located here:

https://www.cbmstuff.com/contact.htm
OK, I received your SuperCard Pro board back. It works perfectly. So, either your drive, cable, or power supply is the issue you are having.

Please let me know what you want to do. Your return address (or full name) was not on the package.
(05-12-2014, 11:37 AM)PUMA Wrote: Using a Samsung SFD-321B REV.T1 and a simple AmigaDOS disk I get these errors.
Read Index to ADF all red errors and a blank file.

Read Splice to Flux all yellow errors and a blank template file.

Windows 8.1 64bit, all drivers installed ok, run as administrator, updated to 1.10.
FTDI virtual port settings show up as pictured in both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports.

Floppy drive and cable tested with kryoflux (swapped out the SCP) and came up with a normal adf file. (comparison files attached)
Out of ideas this end Huh any help appreciated.

I received my SuperCard Pro a few days ago but was still waiting for a power supply for my Panasonic JU-475-5 AKJ 5.25" flippy modded drive.  Meanwhile I started testing it with my SAMSUNG SFD-321B /LEB Rev. T4 3.5" drive and powering it through the SuperCard Pro connected to my laptop.  The results were the same as yours.

Very disappointed, I waited until today I finally got a Monoprice 3ft USB 2.0 cable with ferrite core (http://www.ebay.com/itm/391000522823?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT), this 5V / 12V 2A power supply for the 5.25" drive (http://www.ebay.com/itm/360170366699?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT), and tried the SuperCard Pro again with BOTH drives powered by the external power supply through this cable (http://www.ebay.com/itm/261307009492?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT), not using the power connector on the SuperCard Pro.  EUREKA!!!  No more "Index pulse not found!" messages from any drive, and data is read successfully from both drives.  Note that the power supply I used is 2A, which means I'm refraining from accessing both drives at once, if you require copying from drive to drive you MUST get another such power supply in order to provide enough current.

However, @Admin, I have now a different problem:  if I connect only the 3.5" drive, it will again pop up the same message again, and also SCP.exe won't let me make an image file with both drives connected:  there is no option for Flux Image file in the Target drop down list when both SuperCard Pro (Drive 0) and SuperCard Pro (Drive 1) are connected at the same time, which, in my case, I require since both drives in my setup are different media types (drive zero is 3.5" for imaging Amiga and PC disks and drive one is 5.25" for imaging C64/128 & CP/M floppies).

I hope you could release a new version with this option included since the code to handle it is already there, it's just not available to the user with two different kinds of drive attached.

Hope this story and the links helps our fellow users with problems out there,

Miguel