WiiMODEM232 PRO won't save settings
Sorry to say, I am having more problems with my WiModem232. The display now only shows "CBMSTUFF.COM", no baud rate, and no router info on the display.

For a while, it would still let me dial out, but now it will only work when set to 300 Baud, and will not let me change to any other baud rate. Prior to this, it would not dial out using my saved numbers, until I ran AT&Z? first, and only after this would it recognise an ATDS=0.

Rerunning:
AT#KILL!
AT#WIFI!
AT#WIFI!

does not return an OK, resetting the router does bring back "Looking for router", then the display changes back to "CBMSTUFF.COM" again.

However, typing AT*SSID<router>,<password> returns ERROR (and yes, I am using my router name and password"

typing even ATDT and hitting enter returns "ERROR"

After doing the AT#KILL etc I can now change the baud rate to 38400, and change some of the other parameters, but cannot connect to a router.

I can use AT*N to show available networks, and I can see my router. However using AT*NS or AT*SSID just comes back with "No router located!"

5 mins later, it will now accept at*SSID and has connected to my router, however it still will not connect to a BBS, which 2 days ago it could connect, albeit the display not showing anything but "CBMSTUFF.COM".

I have also tried running AT*UPDATE, that does appear to work, however after rebooting, the display still only displays "CBMSTUFF.COM" and I still can't dial out to anything.

Very frustrating - are you sure I sent have a a faulty WiMODEM232?

Thanks for any help.
Hi,

The WiModem232 PRO is now almost dead. I am watching it reset itself continuously now, the display briefly shows CBMSTUFF.COM (1/4 of a second) and then the screen goes blank, the red led closest to the serial port flicks on, the led closest to the power supply briefly flickers, and it just repeats continuously.

I had removed the power over night, and still there was no joy. So i replaced the USB 2.0 power from a powerboard with a 20W apple phone charger, and this stopped the flickering, but I had to go through the whole AT#KILL! etc and then it started working again. I hope that's fixed, but if so, it means the unit needs more power than just anything as longs it's 5v?

Lets see if this sticks or if it fails in a week or 2 again. Fingers crossed.
It needs 100mA @ 5V. Even a junk charger is overkill. Maybe you have a bad cable?
I had this same problem.

The AT*SSID command did finally work for me.

However, I can report another strange thing.

Sometimes, if I change the baud rate, even though I save with AT&W, it doesn't
save the new baud and oddly enough, causes it to lose the router settings again.

If I change the baud rate, then scan for networks, followed by the AT*SSID command,
then save everything with AT&W, it seems to stick and is all there when I power off
and back on the next time.

Truly strange stuff. Smile
(05-30-2024, 05:18 AM)Craziazkowboi Wrote: "... So i replaced the USB 2.0 power from a powerboard with a 20W apple phone charger, and this stopped the flickering, but I had to go through the whole AT#KILL! etc and then it started working again.  I hope that's fixed, but if so, it means the unit needs more power than just anything as longs it's 5v?"

I have not had a problem since using the 20w apple charger, and I am using the same USB cable.
Sounds like your original power source was the issue then. The WiModem requires very little power compared to what a charging requires.
The original power source works fine. Its not that.
It could be that your original power source does not see enough current draw to stay live. The issue is most definitely some type of issue with the original power source since the new power source and same cable work fine.
(07-08-2024, 11:09 AM)admin Wrote: The WiModem requires very little power compared to what a charging requires.

I can confirm that. I am using the WiModem with my Atari MegaSTE and it gets its power (300 mA) from the computer's ROM port which also powers an external Ultra Satan.