wimodem232 - dialing - no answer
Hey Jim,

Tonight I decided to use my Wimodem 232 v2 w/OLED to dial out.

I can connect to router, router get address, I can ping that address from another computer.

No matter how I call out - I see DIALING on screen and OLED -  then few seconds and NO ANSWER.

No worky..

Help?

James
(05-19-2023, 07:47 PM)Bikerbob Wrote: Hey Jim,

I can connect to router, router get address, I can ping that address from another computer.

No matter how I call out - I see DIALING on screen and OLED -  then few seconds and NO ANSWER.

No worky..

Help?

James

SO did at&F - that reset a lot of the AT commands but the Wifi and the phone book remained.

I have changed the items that I could remember back to what they were but I cannot dial anything out of the phone book - I am getting the same NO Answer, but if I type the url manually it does seem to be connecting.

????

James
(05-19-2023, 08:33 PM)Bikerbob Wrote:
(05-19-2023, 07:47 PM)Bikerbob Wrote: Hey Jim,

No worky..

Help?

James

SO did at&F - that reset a lot of the AT commands but the Wifi and the phone book remained.

I have changed the items that I could remember back to what they were but I cannot dial anything out of the phone book - I am getting the same NO Answer, but if I type the url manually it does seem to be connecting.

????

James

I did an AT&FP and then AT*UPDATE - entered a new phone book entry and now I am working.. not sure what or how things got corrupted.

James
Hmmm.. I am not sure either. Nothing has changed in the phone book system in quite some time.
So, last night after doing AT&FP - I entered 15 number entries. Some that were the same as the previous 9 I had, some new.

Today I go to use the modem - THE ORIGINAL 9 that I had in the phonebook are back?????

I know I did multi AT&W - but lets say I didnt.. AT&FP should wipe them out.. AT&W is not required after the fact?

SO How could the original entries be back??? I had wiped them out? ENTERED 15 new ones??

James

PS - going to bed now - but I entered 7 more - and AT&W after each one.. exited that terminal and opened another program - AT&Z? - back to the original 9

Jim - ??
AT&W is NOT required to store phone book entries. As soon as you enter the entry it is stored permanently until you deliberately delete it. The same is true for the spoof entries.

I will look at the phone book again. I changed the number of entries allowed (several times), so maybe something is goofed there.
Ok, well I did find a bug in the phonebook storage!

If you set any phonebook entries from 10 to 19 they are deleted with either ATZ or by powering off/on the WiModem. There will be a new version shortly. I figured out that I had an issue with the serial transfer code where the code would traverse all cases instead of simply exiting when there was no data. This makes file transfers up to 30% faster when you have Telnet mode disabled, and up to 120% faster when Telnet mode is enabled (it was really slow at higher baud rates). There are a few other changes to the new version as well.

I will be doing some testing over the next day or so and release the new version.
New update has been released!
(05-22-2023, 06:09 PM)admin Wrote: New update has been released!

Thanks. This has fixed my phonebook a d corruption issue.

I'm not sure what the phonebook was effecting, but I was not able to get the wimodem to answer properly and some settings were messed up. The update seems to have corrected that 

Thanks

James