Installation and Usage Manual
This installation and usage manual for the SX-64 Ultra Reset can be found here:

https://www.cbmstuff.com/downloads/ultrareset.pdf

Please post any questions you might have about the installation to this forum area. Thanks!
(11-01-2013, 03:47 PM)admin Wrote: This installation and usage manual for the SX-64 Ultra Reset can be found here:

https://www.cbmstuff.com/downloads/ultrareset.pdf

Please post any questions you might have about the installation to this forum area.  Thanks!

Jim, the package arrived today and I’m thrilled to have managed the installation, up to figure 36 in the manual that is. It says “Route green wire right to daughter board or ROM” but it’s not clear to me whether this implies soldering the green wire to what looks like pin 5 on the kernel ROM?
This wire goes to a ROM that has dual Kernal's built in - like JiffyDOS. If you don't have JiffyDOS then you can just ignore this wire.
Thanks Jim, I’m running a switchless JiffyDOS.
How does switchless work for the JiffyDOS ROM in disk drive - I am guessing you have a switch on it. JiffyDOS requires a ROM in the computer as well as the disk drive. If you have a switch on the JiffyDOS drive ROM then you would remove the switch and connect the green wire to ROM select line. That is the line NOT connected to ground.
(02-26-2018, 04:17 PM)admin Wrote: How does switchless work for the JiffyDOS ROM in disk drive - I am guessing you have a switch on it.  JiffyDOS requires a ROM in the computer as well as the disk drive.  If you have a switch on the JiffyDOS drive ROM then you would remove the switch and connect the green wire to ROM select line.  That is the line NOT connected to ground.

Right now I'm mostly using the Ultimate1541 which is Jiffy:ed but eventually, now that I've removed the old DolphinDOS installation I'll add JiffyDOS to the FDD board. As for the "ROM select line" I'm told this is A13 (pin 26) on a 27c128. Correct?

I believe this could be clarified in the otherwise brilliant installation guide  Angel
Well, there are different types of ROMs and ROM boards for the 1541, which is why I deliberately did not specify an exact connection.  The JiffyDOS ROM will have two wires connected to it.  One the lower left corner (opposite of the "notch").  That is ground.  You need to remove that wire permanently and attach the green wire to where other wire goes (which can vary depending on the ROM).