Z modem Upload
I use Zmodem with the Amiga and Windows 10 all of the time for moving files between the systems. I also do this with the C64 and the Amiga or PC.

I just fixed an issue that might help your Zmodem transfers. You can type AT*UPDATE to update the WiModem232 firmware.

The problem with file transfer protocols is that they were created for land lines with fixed maximum latency. With a land line there is a direct peer to peer connection. With a WiFi modem, there is a WiFi connection to your router, and from your router to ISP, and ISP to where ever your connection point is, and back. Land line latency across the planet is about 50ms max. WiFi latency (known as PING TIME) can be several hundred milliseconds, which is too long for Zmodem. There are some protocols with very long time out windows (several seconds), and all of those work just fine. If you can tweak the timing of your Zmodem protocol (which is possible with some systems that load the protocol as an external module), you can increase the ACK delay window time and make Zmodem work in the worst case scenarios. You just have to have a version where you can do that.

Update the firmware - I made the change just a few days ago - and try it again.

Messages In This Thread
Z modem Upload - by Debyl - 04-22-2022, 09:49 PM
RE: Z modem Upload - by admin - 04-23-2022, 11:45 AM
RE: Z modem Upload - by ThrakaAndy - 05-26-2022, 07:26 PM
RE: Z modem Upload - by admin - 05-30-2022, 03:16 PM
RE: Z modem Upload - by ThrakaAndy - 06-01-2022, 01:41 PM
RE: Z modem Upload - by admin - 06-01-2022, 03:47 PM