Using a Digital DECwriter II and I have questions
To things happened on my Birthday this year; 1) I was gifted a M*I*N*T Digital decwriter II terminal to add to my collection, and 2) my first WiModem232 showed up!   

I put a new ribbon in the decwriter, set it to 300 baud (its max speed) and plugged in the WiModem232.  I powered the WiModem232 on, got the White led, and much to my glee the decwriter printed out:

Looking for router...

No router located!

Then I got a red LED.  None of my AT commands work, even though they display on the printer.  If I remove the power and plug it back into the WiModem232, I get the same messages and then nothing.  

I should have saved all my old serial port breakout gear from back when I wrote Qmodem, but I didn't.  I've ordered replacements and should have them this coming weekend.  I just cannot confirm or deny that the decwriter is actually sending data to the wimodem or not.  It is in Line mode and not Local, so I think what I am seeing on the terminal is actually being echoed back from the wimodem, but I am not sure.  

Thoughts?

Cheers!

John "Qmodem" Friel.

Messages In This Thread
Using a Digital DECwriter II and I have questions - by Qmodem - 01-26-2022, 02:59 PM