Build debugging
(11-05-2021, 05:42 AM)admin Wrote: The difference between the connectors is that the original version is a 262 degree, and the other one you have is 270 degree.  I have both types, but the 262 degree version is what is included in my kits (or should be!)

I have used EVERY type of PLA and replacement known.. I think 13 different ones now, and they all work.

Took a break from this build for a while, so checking back in with some updates....
I systematically stepped through and checked every chip again with a Backbit tester, which confirmed that they're all working.
One notable exception is the 74LS629, which the tester doesn't appear to detect properly, but I tried multiple chips and none of them made a difference. I also left a note on Evie's forums regarding this test.

Just to be safe, I'm using a known good (and relentlessly tested) 82S100 PLA, which should rule that out as a probable cause.

I've also tried several types of video cables, but I still haven't gotten the system to reliably boot with the dead test cart, even with all ROMs, CIAs and the SID removed.

I quintuple-checked and reflowed my solder joints, which all appear to be good, so I'm back to feeling at a loss.

Really want to get this system working, so I'm open to all reasonable suggestions...

Messages In This Thread
Build debugging - by dwestbury - 10-18-2021, 03:41 PM
RE: Build debugging - by admin - 11-29-2021, 07:14 PM
RE: Build debugging - by admin - 12-04-2021, 11:51 PM
RE: Bill of Materials (BOM) and guide for ICS64S - by dwestbury - 11-27-2021, 06:56 AM