WiModem232 on Apple //e with SSC no longer displays any output
Do you have another computer you can test the WiModem232 with (PC, Atari St, Amiga, etc.)?  When I saw this problem with my Apple //e it was using a WiModem232 with v2.10 firmware.  I updated it to v3.04 and the issue was still there and after playing around discovered it was the SSC and particular modem drivers where the auto-echo worked or didn't work as you would think.

If your setup worked (and there really has not been ANY change, like a new board, joystick, cable, reset of modem after saving some changes, etc.) and now it suddenly doesn’t work after over a year, then something hardware wise has failed.  The WiModem232 plugs directly into the SSC so there is no possibility of a cable failure (unless for some reason you are using a cable?), so that leaves the SSC itself, the Apple computer, or the WiModem232 that has failed.

Again, it’s the terminal program that displays text, not the WiModem232.  You could trying sending a command to turn on the auto-echo to see if you see text at that point.  Send the command ATE1 to the WiModem232 and see the results.  It could be that ATE1 was stored and was altered?

I can certainly test your WiModem232 and swap it if it’s bad.  Since you are able to send commands and have the WiModem232 respond I really think this is just a configuration issue of some kind.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WiModem232 on Apple //e with SSC no longer displays any output - by admin - 11-27-2020, 12:14 PM